Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2013 3:30 AM
#1

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Hello I am volt79. I came across this club when I was curious as to whether there was a Kyou fan club, because shes probably my favorite female character in Clannad. I actually have my own story of Kyou I would like to share. It takes place 5 years after Nagisa's death, It follows closely with After Story but goes slightly different. It'll mostly be told from her POV. Hope you enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There she is. Every time I see her without her father it breaks my heart. I know it couldn't have been easy for him, what he had to go through. But he's not alone, he has a daughter, and right now without a mother she needs a father. She must be so confused. Sanae and Akio hold her hand as they walk past the gates.

Still she looks happy enough. But...



Chapter 1:
Motion



Kyou: Morning Ushio!

Ushio: Morning sensei! *Runs over* Sensei, Guess what.

Kyou: What?

Ushio: I'm going on a trip this weekend, with Sanae-san and Aki.

Kyou: Oh is that so? Lucky you. Are you excited?

Ushio: Hai! *she says as she nods*

Kyou: That's good. Morning Sanae-san.

Sanae: Good morning. Fujibayashi-san. Ushio why don't you play with Botan. I have to speak with sensei. *Ushio runs off while Sanae leads Kyou somewhere private* Its about the trip Ushio mentioned. You see Akio and I are not going.

Kyou: (Confused)

Sanae: Well, its all a ploy to get Tomoya and Ushio together again.

Kyou: Huh? I don't think I get it.

Sanae: Well I wont go into details but, its all Akio and I could think of. *Looks at Ushio* She may be happy but I know there are times when she cries at night. I was hoping Tomoya would come to her on his own but... its been so long. I'm afraid that if we don't do something now Tomoya well never see her.

Kyou: ...Ok. If there's anything i can do to help...

Sanae: Thank you. You've done enough for us. Thank you for not telling Ushio about Nagisa.

Kyou: It was no problem. Still I wish to tell her one day.

Sanae: Hopefully that day will come soon. Well I better be off. As usual, take good care of Ushio. *Bows*

Kyou: Hai. *Bows*

The day went by like normal until it was time to see the kids off. She saw them off one by one until none remained and finished tidying up the classroom and went home. She lived walking distance from the school. It was a small apartment building that she lives in for now. But she shares the rent.

Kyou: Ryou? *Turns on light* Ryou? (Silence) Hmm. Must still be at work.

She then hangs her coat and puts her keys on the counter. She checks her messages, one is from Ryou.

Ryo: Kyou-chan? Sorry but it looks like I'm gonna have to take the late shift again. Go ahead and eat without me. I'll see you tomorrow morning. bye. *message ends*

Kyou is kinda glad shes alone right now. She has to think of the coming days. Soon Ushio will see her father again and maybe they'll make up. Kyou wont be there on Monday to find out if it worked. She prays it does.

Kyou: Tomoya...

She says. She's not sure of her feelings for him now. When he chose Nagisa her heart broke. Secretly she wished they would break up, but she knew it wouldn't happen, since they were so happy together. As time went by she lost hope in him noticing her feelings, and her telling him. Several times she came close to telling him, even after Nagisa and him were going out. After they announced their marriage she gave up on him. But does that mean she didn't love him anymore?

Kyou: Tomoya...

After going to their place on New Year's Day and when she saw him, she still wasn't sure how she felt. The first thing she saw after turning that corner after ascending those stairs was Sunohara.

Kyou: (Pissed off)

Then she saw her. Nagisa... pregnant. She looked beautiful. After pulling the perv Sunohara away she saw him. Tomoya. She tried to show a smiling face in front of him while she tried to work out what she was feeling at the time. She didn't know what she felt. Was it love? It didn't hurt so much but there was something there that wasnt before she saw his face.

Kyou: Tomoya... Please Tomoya, let your daughter in.

She says. No point in thinking about it now all she can do is pray.

mitchhamiltonJan 19, 2013 5:30 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 23, 2013 8:04 AM
#2

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Today's the day. I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but I can't help it. I wonder if it worked? I hope it worked.



Chapter 2
Reunion



There he is. I can't believe it. It really is him. He looks surprised seeing Botan. Wait. Has nobody told him who Ushio's teacher is? Hmm? Seems like a good time to pull a prank. Just like the good old days.

Kyou: *Walks up behind Tomoya* You must be Okazaki Ushio-chan's father.

Tomoya: *Turns around* Y-You!

Kyou: I'm Ushio-chan's teacher, Fujibayashi Kyou. *Bows* Pleased to meet you.

Tomoya: Yes, *bows* the pleasure is mine.

Kyou: *Looks up*

Oh god, I can't take this anymore. He looks so flustered, its to funny.

Kyou: *Laughs* This is the first time I've ever seen a face like that on you.

Tomoya: *Raises fist* Why you!

Kyou: You should've known the moment you saw Botan.

I'm so glad. Its like nothing changed in all these years. He's still the push over he was back then. But... we both know something great has changed since we last saw each other 5 years ago. I know one of us is going to bring it up. I think I was the one.

He apologized for making us worry. Dummy. Of course We were, but we knew what happened. We knew it couldn't have been easy. Just thinking about makes me wanna cry. But I didn't. Instead I told him about Ushio. How she had her mothers kindness and his energy.

Mother: Good Morning.

Crap! That's right I should be greeting parents.

Kyou: Good morning!

Takuya: Good morning, sensei!

Kyou: Good morning, Takuya-kun.

Tomoya: *Gets up* I'll get going now.

That's to bad. I was hoping to catch up more. Well We both have a jobs to do. I told him if he needs anything to go ahead and ask. He then called me "Fujibayashi-sensei". sounds funny coming from him. I think he knew as well so we both laughed. I told Ushio to come say goodbye so she ran over and gave him a hug. Looks like shes happy. I'm so glad things went well between them.

I then lead Ushio to the gates where we both waved goodbye to Tomoya. I asked if she was happy living with him, and of course she nodded.

Lunch break

Kyou: Ok everyone eat up your lunches and clean up after yourselves!

Class: HAI!

I was gonna enjoy my lunch as well when Ushio came up to me.

Kyou: Hmm? What is it Ushio-chan?

Ushio: (Hesitant)

Kyou: Come on. Lunch is gonna end before you even eat.

Ushio: Umm... What... What was momma like?

Kyou: *Drops fork*

There it is. I knew one day this would come. Its only natural to be curious. No other option here.

Kyou: Has papa told you about your mama yet?

Ushio: *Nods* He said mama was cry baby but she worked hard. She liked sweet bean bread and Sanae-san couldn't make her lunch cause she was busy. Mama wanted to re..reesta...blish the theater club so mama and papa worked hard together.

Oh no. I can't. Not here, not in front of her. I want to cry but I mustn't. Not while Ushio is talking about her mother in such a happy way.

Ushio: Mama was also someone papa loved very much.

Kyou: Really? How much do you think they loved each other?

Ushio: Umm... *Looks at hands* This much!

She spreads out her arms so far she almost lost her balance.

Kyou: *Chuckles* Thatss right mama and papa loved each other a lot. in fact it was almost sickening. Well, sounds like your papa told you the important stuff so I'll just tell you what I thought of your mother.

Ushio: *Nods*

Kyou: Well you mother was a bit of a cry baby but she had more passion than anyone I knew at the time. She worked hard at everything she did. So much so that it made everyone else admire her. And because of your papa, she was able to become even stronger. I can probably say the same about your father too.

I can't. If I keep this up I'm gonna lose it. Nagisa. Why? You should be here, so she can experience your wonderful personality herself.

Kyou: Well thats all I can think of right now. Come back later and I'll tell you more. Okay?

Ushio: *Nods happily* Thank you sensei. *bows then returns to her lunch*

Kyou: *leaves the classroom and heads to the bathroom to cry*

That was close. I didn't think I would make it. Nagisa. Why? Oh Nagisa.

The day went by like normal. Ushio came to me later and asked more about her mother I told her as little as i could. I figured Tomoya wanted to tell her the more important stuff later.

Then it was time for the parents to come pick up their kids. Ushio eagerly awaited for Tomoya. I think I did as well. He came on time and asked me how she was. I told him she did very well in art. He made a joke of how she must've gotten that from her mother. I laughed then we said goodbye. He had to drop Ushio off at home then head to work so there wasn't much time for chit-chat.

Finished cleaning the class and talked to some of the other teachers then headed home for the day.

Kyou:*Opens door* Ryou?

Ryou: Onee-chan. Welcome home.

Kyou: I'm home. Got off early today?

Ryou: Hai. They said they had enough nurses until my next shift so they told me to go home and get some rest. So I figured I'd make dinner.

Kyou: Thanks. *takes off shoes* Hey guess who came with his daughter today.

Ryou: *Gasp* Are you serious?!

Kyou: *Nod*

Ryou: *sigh* That's good to hear. How did he look?

Kyou: He looked good, Surprisingly. He didn't know I was Shio-chans teacher at first so i figured I'd play a little joke on him. *Giggles* You should've seen the look on his face it was so funny. But he showed how much he cares for Ushio and how sorry he is for everything. Even if he didn't mean to show it. I talked to him about Ushio. Then during break Ushio asked me about Nagisa. That wasn't easy. But then it was time for everyone to go home and I saw him again. He looked very proud when I told him how well Shio-chan's doing. Well he was always easy to read.

Ryou: *Looks at her suspiciously* Hmmm?

Kyou: W-what?

Ryou: Nothing. Just seeing you talking about him like this reminds of high school.

Kyou: W-what are you talking about? This is nothing like high school. We're both adults now.

Ryou: Hai, hai. Still its kinda nice.

Kyou: Hmm?

Ryou: Sort of, nostalgic in a way.

Thats true. I do feel a bit relaxed talking about him like I did back then. But its different now. We've both have grown since then. He has a daughter now, and I somehow ended up as her teacher. I'm glad I get to be close to him again. That kind of familiarity I've missed. He looked really responsible in his work clothes. It was almost like Ushio and him were never apart. He was also more kind and caring. He looked handsome.

Kyou *Shakes head*

No. What am I thinking? I don't think of him that way. Wait if I don't think of him that way then why am i acting weird just thinking he's handsome? I mean there's nothing wrong with thinking like that. Especially when he is handsome, responsible, caring, a good father. Ugh. Stop it. What are you doing? You don't think of him that way anymore. Right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well thats it for this one and boy was this one hard. the hardest part was the conversation between Kyou and Ryou. i don think i need to go into detail as to why. hope you enjoyed.
mitchhamiltonJan 27, 2013 2:17 PM
Jan 25, 2013 2:06 PM
#3

Offline
Nov 2012
135
6:00 a.m. time to get up. Now that the sports day is over. He looked in shape... all for his daughter. he really is incredible... Tomoya. Its no use I know what I'm feeling its what I felt back then. Its just as strong as ever. But... Nagisa.

No. I wont. I can't. I have to keep these emotions to myself. I did once before, I can do it again.

Chapter 3
Emotions



School gates.

Maybe I should try dating someone. Get him off my mind. Who knows maybe I'll actually fall for the guy. I think Sunohara is still single. No, I don't wanna hurt him. Not a bad choice though, hes... got..... dark hair? No, no, there's more to him than that. He's funny, charming, smart, has a great sense of fashio... ok now I'm just lying to myself.

Tomoya: Kyou!?

Kyou: H-Hai?

Tomoya: I've been trying to get your attention for like a minute. What were you thinking about?

Kyou: Huh? Ah, well, you know, stuff.

Tomoya: I knew it. The stress of not being able to bully those weaker than you has finally made you snap huh?

Kyou: *Nods*

Tomoya: Hmm? Kyou?

Kyou:...Hai?

Tomoya: Whats wrong? Really?

Is he... concerned?

Kyou: Its... its nothing really. I'm just sad that I'm still single.

WHAT!? What am I saying? What are you stupid saying something like that to him, and at school no less.

Tomoya: Really? That's no surprise. No man would be able to handle your wild personality.

Kyou: Wh-Whats that supposed to mean.

Tomoya: Like I said. Maybe if you worked on that attitude of yours you'll be able to hold onto a guy.

Kyou: *Raises fist* Why you!! Your lucky I'm at work right now, other wise I would have to teach you the meaning of pain.

Tomoya: Hai, Hai. *Looks at watch* Oh I better go. USHIO! PAPA IS GOING NOW!

Ushio: *Runs over* Papa! *hugs Tomoya*

Tomoya: You be good to sensei, ok ?

Ushio: Ok. Bye bye.

Tomoya: *Waves then walks off*

Dummy. He doesn't know how much his words affect me.

Tomoya: *Looks back* Aoi Kyou!

Kyou: *Looks up*

Tomoya: Any man would be lucky to have you. *Waves and turns*

Kyou: *Blushes*

Wh-what was that? Dummy! DOESN'T HE KNOW HOW MUCH HIS WORDS AFFECT ME!

I kept spacing out all day. His words, his smile, his motions stayed in my head all day.

What did he mean? I know what he meant but does that include him? No he was just trying to be nice. Maybe he does think I'm...

Kyou: AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! *Pulls hair. Looks around and realizes some kids and parents are still around* Ah? Um... well um... let-lets all have a screaming contest kids. *Jumps up and down*

I hate myself.

Children: *Yells as loud as they can*

I really, really, really, hate myself.

Kyou: *Deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

A few hours passed and Tomoya still hasn't picked up Ushio. That's strange. Hes usually one of the first parents here. Ushio looks really sad. I hear footsteps.

Tomoya:*Stops at gate and pants* Sorry. One of our guys got injured so i had to fill in. I forgot to charge my cell so I couldn't call you.

Kyou: Geeze. Well at least you're here. Hows the injured guy?

Tomoya: Hes fine. He fell from a pole and fractured his arm, so he should be okay. *Looks at Ushio* Sorry. *Crouches* Did I make you worry?

Ushio:...

Tomoya: *Opens arms* Come here Ushio.

Ushio: *Embrace*

Tomoya: *Picks up Ushio* Did you think I was never gonna come back for you?

Ushio: *Looks down*

Tomoya: Hey come on. Do you remember what I said? I said I would always be with you from now on. Okay?

Ushio: *Nods*

I see. She was afraid he would leave her alone again.

Tomoya: Come on, how about I buy you some ice cream on the way home.

Ushio: Okay *Smiles*

Tomoya: *Pumps fist* ALL RIGHT! *Walks towards gate*

Kyou: *Joins*

Tomoya: Kyou? When can you get off?

Kyou: Huh?

Tomoya: Wanna join us for some ice cream?

Kyou: Ah? But... I... I still need some stuff to do here. I'll be done in an hour.

Tomoya: I see. Well ma...

Teacher: Kyou? Did you say you're going somewhere?

Kyou: Uh no I was just...

Teacher: It's fine. Go and have fun. You helped me in the past so I'm returning the favor.

Kyou: But...

Teacher: Go. Besides when was the last time you were on a date?

Kyou: *Blushes* TH-THIS IS NOT A DATE! WE-WE'RE JUST GOING OUT FOR ICE CREAM! *Looks at Tomoya sees him bushing* WHY ARE YOU BLUSHING TOO!

Tomoya: I COULDN'T HELP IT!

Ushio: *Laughs*

Teacher: Just go and enjoy yourself once and a while.

Kyou: Then... *Bow* Thank you very much. Let me just get my bag then we can go.

Tomoya: Hai.

Calm down. This is not a date. Its just two friends going out for some ice cream. But it is kinda late. One would think that this is a date. No its not, is it?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well i believe i just did the longest chapter so far and the most talky one. as you can probably tell ive skipped over ushio getting sick cause we all know how that ends and if it went that direction then there would be no point in making an alternate version now would there? i also skipped the sports day event cause im not entirely sure how it works in japan and besides i think it would slow the story down even more. hope you enjoyed.
mitchhamiltonAug 7, 2013 12:22 AM
Jan 28, 2013 8:49 AM
#4

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Why am I getting excited over this? Its not like this means anything. I bet he thinks as this as two friends going out for ice cream and that's it. So why is my heart pounding so hard?



Chapter 4
Date?

It wasn't that long of a walk. There's a cake and ice cream shop near by.

Tomoya: Wanna eat inside?

Kyou: Hmm? Oh, anywhere is fine.

Tomoya: (Confused) O-okay.

Kyou: *Realizes he was talking to Ushio.*

Tomoya: You okay with that Ushio?

Ushio: Hai!

Tomoya: Then let's go. *Opens door then walks in*

We all ordered different flavors. Ushio had chocolate while Tomoya had vanilla. I decided to have pink sherbert.

Tomoya: Oh that's right, how is Ryou?

Kyou: Shes fine. She's a nurse now. We're living together at the moment. She's also become a lot more assertive since the last time you saw her. You two should come over some time, I'm sure she would love to see you.

Tomoya: Then I'll see when I have some free time. Wanna go Ushio? Ryou also knew mama.

Ushio: *Eyes get big, then she nods happily*

Tomoya: Then hows Sunday sound?

Kyou: I believe Ryou will be around three o'clock till late at night so if you can...

Tomoya: Sounds good.

Kyou: I know, why don't you have dinner with us? I'm sure Ryou wouldn't mind.

Tomoya: Well I don't wanna impose.

Kyou: Its fine. Ryou has been trying her best at cooking and I'm sure she would like someone elses opinion. Oh that's right she seeing someone at the hospital as well.

Tomoya: Hmmm? That's surprising. Fujibayashi was always so timid in high school. I remember her being very gullible as well.

Kyou: Hai.

Silence.

Kyou; You know...

Tomoya: Hmm?

Kyou: It hit Ryou kinda hard.... what happened to Nagisa.

Tomoya:...

Kyou: Ryou and I never had someone in our lives... disappear on us before. So neither one of us knew how to handle it. She cried and was depress for a while. Then one day she decided that she would try her hardest the way Nagisa did.

Tomoya: Mmm. (Sad)

Kyou: You know... we were all lucky to have Nagisa in our lives. She taught us a lot of things about ourselves. She taught you a lot of things too didn't she?

Tomoya: ...Yeah. *Trying not to cry.* I wish you could have known her, Ushio.

Ushio: But I'm happy to be with papa.

Tomoya: Is that so?

Ushio: Hai! I love papa!

Tomoya: *Smiles* Right. And papa loves you. Are you almost finished?

Ushio: *Looks at ice cream* Wait.

Tomoya: Alright but don't rush otherwise you'll hurt yourself.

Ushio: Okay.

When she finished her ice cream we went our separate ways. I wonder if I brought up something I shouldn't have. I really am an idiot. 5 years he went without seeing his daughter, all because of the pain from when Nagisa died. Of course its still a touchy subject for him.

Well time to inform Ryou that we're gonna have guests on Sunday.
mitchhamiltonJan 30, 2013 7:29 AM
Jan 30, 2013 8:26 AM
#5

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Ryou has been in a panic since she got home. She cleaned the house, wiped the counters, cleaned the curtains, started dinner, took a shower, and now shes cleaning the house again. I know why shes like this since we have-

Ding-dong

Oh. They're here.

Chapter 5
Visitors



Kyou: Hi! Come on in.

Tomoya: Thanks for having us. *Steps in with Ushio*

Ryou: *Comes from bedroom* Welcome. *Gasps while looking at Ushio*

Ushio...

Ryou: *whispers* Nagisa!

Kyou: Ryou!

Ryou: Oh sorry. It's just that when I saw Ushio-chan I couldn't help but...

Tomoya: It's fine. I'm actually proud she has the face of her mother.

Ushio: I do?

Tomoya:*Nods* No one ever said that?

Ushio: *Shakes head*

Ryou: Well come on In and make yourselves comfortable. Dinner will be ready in about an hour. I'll make you some tea.

Tomoya: Please let me. Ushio has been wanting you to tell her about Nagisa.

Ryou: But you're our guests.

Tomoya: Its fine. Besides I don't wanna be completely useless

Kyou: But you really are.

Tomoya: Why you!

Kyou: Then let me help you. Ushio, why don't you sit next to Ryou. *Heads to kitchen*

Ushio: Hai! *Runs to Ryou and sits next to her*

Ryou: Well then lets see. I remember Nagisa was looking for people for the drama club. She wanted to reestablish it and asked me to join. When I first met her there was a slight misunderstanding. Seems your papa wanted to play a prank on both of us.

Ushio: What he do? What he do?

Ryou: Uh? Well... um... M-maybe I'll tell you about it when you get older.

Kyou: Here's the pot. *Hands to tomoya*

Tomoya: Thanks

I know the real reason why he wanted to make the tea while Ryou told Ushio about her mother.

Ryou: I also remember Nagisa having a very kind smile. Oh! *Remembers something* Thats right. *Looks down* When she smiled it was like everything was gonna be alright. Nagisa had the kind of smile that could make you fell better about yourself.

Tomoya: *Stops*

Kyou: ...Tomoya?

Tomoya: Sorry! *Sniffs* I'm sorry. *Shakes*

Kyou: *Rubs Tomoya's back with one hand*

Ryou: *Looks over at Kyou and him* Oh. Um... Thats right! A tour! *She says as she stands* Why don't I show you around Ushio.

Ushio: Okay. *Stands and walks with Ryou*

Nice thinking nee-chan.

Tomoya: I'm sorry.

Kyou: It's fine. The tea should almost be ready.

Tomoya: Good.

Ryou: and now we're back in the living room.

Tomoya: That was fast. Well the teas almost ready so have a seat.

After we served the tea dinner was ready. While we ate we did some catching up.

Tomoya: Oh, by the way, Ryou?

Ryou: Hai?

Tomoya: I heard you have a boyfriend.

Ryou: H-huh? w-w-w-who told you that?!

Tomoya: *points to Kyou*

Ryou: Onee-chan!

Kyou: Sorry it just kind of slipped out.

Ryou: *Blushes*

Tomoya: Good for you Ryou! Does he work at the hospital?

Ryou: H-hai. He's one of the doctors.

Tomoya: Oh? How long have you two been dating?

Ryou: A-almost two years.

Kyou: I keep telling Ryou to ask him when he's gonna pop the question.

Ryou: Onee-chan! I-it's not that he doesn't want to hes just busy at the moment, so...

Tomoya: Well, thats good to hear Ryou. I'll be wishing you luck.

Dinner was over and Ushio was getting sleepy so Tomoya decided to head home.

Tomoya: Thank you for the meal Ryou, it was delicious.

Ryou: Really? I'm glad.

Tomoya: Well then I better head home and put her in bed.

Ushio: *Rubs eyes* But I'm not sleepy.

Tomoya: Again thanks for the meal and having us over. We should do this again.

Kyou: That would be great. But don't think you can take advantage of Ryou and my generosity.

Tomoya: You're a terrible host anyway. *Smiles* See you.

Kyou: Bye *Closes door then sighs* What a pain.

Ryou: Still, it looks like you had fun. Kyou?

Kyou: Hai?

Ryou: Are you thinking of going out with him?

Kyou: W-what? Of course not.

Ryou: Hmm? Ok then.

Kyou: Wh... what if I was? What would you think?

Ryou: *looks at Kyou and see that shes serious* Honestly? I think it would be a bad ideal.

Kyou: (confused) Why?

Ryou: It's obvious he still isn't over Nagisa's death. He may rely on you solely for emotional support for himself. Also.... wouldn't it be like betraying Nagisa?

Kyou: Huh?

That's right. In high school I wished they would break up no matter what. My feelings may have changed when I saw them together 5 years ago but still... now that shes gone... why do I feel relieved? I can't. It's not right for Ushio, or Tomoya, or especially Nagisa. I'm sorry Nagisa. I'm so sorry. I don't wanna feel this way. I'm so sorry.

That's it. It's decided then. I must move on from Tomoya. I have to.





Goodbye Tomoya-kun.
mitchhamiltonMar 8, 2013 5:24 PM
Feb 5, 2013 9:01 PM
#6

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Well, the day has finally come, Ushio's graduation from kindergarten. It's sad but I must say goodbye to Ushio and Tomoya.



Chapter 6
Uncertainty

Kyou: Congratulations everyone! You all did wonderfully this year! I hope you all do as well for the rest of your lives.

Children: THANK YOU SENSEI!

After all that, it's time.

Kyou: Chihiro-chan, bye-bye. Kirino-chan, bye. Bye-bye Renji-kun. *Looks down and sees Ushio* Ushio-chan. I'm glad I got to spend time with you. You were wild at times but when you put effort into anything you did spectacularly. I'm especially sad that I have to say goodbye to you. But I know you'll be just fine. I also know that your papa and especially your mama are proud of you as well. *Hugs*

Ushio:*Hugs* *Lets go*Sensei, you're the best sensei ever!

Kyou: *Wipes eyes* Geez, Ushio. You're gonna make your sensei cry. *Chuckles*

Ushio: *Laughs*

I'll never forget that smile.

Tomoya: Ushio!

Ushio: Papa *runs over*

Tomoya: Did you say your goodbye's to Botan?

Ushio: *Opens eyes wide then shakes her head*

Tomoya: Then go do it right now.

Ushio: *runs straight to Botan*

Tomoya: Kyou?

Kyou: Hmm?

Tomoya *Bows deeply* Thank you very much for taking care of Ushio.

Kyou: (Embarrassed) H-hey, stop that!

Tomoya: But I really am great full. *Raises head* Thank you, Kyou.

Kyou: *Blushes* Geez. You really are embarrassing. Tomoya, I may not see you or her as often, so I want you to promise me you'll take good care of her and yourself. Okay?

Tomoya: That goes without saying. Why do I feel like I'm being lectured?

Kyou: Well you did make it a habit to get yourself lectured by senseis.

Tomoya: YOUR NOT MY SENSEI!

Kyou: *Laughs*

Tomoya: *Chuckles* Then... USHIO! IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO SENSEI!

Ushio: *Runs over to Tomoya* Papa?

Tomoya: Hmm?

Ushio: Can sensei visit us?

Tomoya: *Laughs* Sensei is welcome anytime. *Looks at Kyou* Kyou, fell free to come over anytime.

Kyou: You too, Tomoya.

Tomoya: Now then, Ushio say bye-bye to sensei.

Kyou: Bye-bye Ushio-chan, Tomoya

Tomoya: See ya. *Walks off with Ushio*

I hope I never see him again. Maybe then I can move on.

2 years have passed since then. I see Tomoya and Ushio from time to time, he would invite me over and i thought it be rude if I didn't return the favor. A few months ago I found myself a... boyfriend? I guess thats what I'd call him. We've been on dates but he's never really made a move on me. The only thing he's done was ask me out, I don't know.

Ugh! Whatever I better get these groceries home before its rains.

Kyou: * Walks out of store* Great.

It's raining.

Kyou: *Sighs*

Voice: Kyou?

Kyou: *Turns around* Tomoya?

Great.

He offered to share his umbrella with me. Since I didn't know how long the rain was gonna last so I took him up on his offer. We didn't speak that much. I haven't seen him for a while.

Kyou: Oh I have a boyfriend now.

I don't know how I was expecting him to react when I said that.

Tomoya: (SHOCKED)

Kyou: *Raises fist* What's with that look?!

Tomoya: H-hold on. Let me think for a sec.

Impossible this is Kyou here. Hmm... I think something sinister is happening here.

*Tomoya's imagination*

A dark room with a single light hanging over a bound and blindfolded man.

Man: Please! Please! Let me go! Let me see my wife and children!

Kyou* Walks forward into the light* Oh? Did you forget? I am your wife dear. Now hurry up and eat my special curry so we can make love. *Evil laugh*

Man: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

*Back to reality*

Tomoya: Yes, yes. That makes sense.

Kyou: You were thinking something mean weren't you?! *Punches*

Because we were walking so close, when he instinctively raised his elbow it knocked me off balance.

And then I was falling. I looked to my right and saw a truck. I couldn't tell how big it was because the lights were so close.

No!

I don't want to die now. And then...

Tomoya: KYOU!* Reaches out hand and grabs Kyou*

I felt a violent pull. I had my eyes closed. I thought it hit me. But suddenly I found myself in an even scarier place... his arms.

He pulled and grabbed me. Now we find ourselves on a chain link fence.

I don't know how much time passed before he said something.

Tomoya: *Whispers* Not you. Not you too.

He still didn't let go. I couldn't tell him my arm hurt because of him saving my life or that every now and again he would squeeze me so tight. But I couldn't stand being like this.

Kyou: Tomoya. *Pushes away* Thank you.

Tomoya: ...Yeah

He continued to walk me home. We didn't say anything.

Finally we reached my apartment.

Kyou: Thank you again. For waling me home... and for saving me.

Tomoya: ... Yeah... Take care.

Kyou: You too. *Walks to her door then opens it* I'm home.

Ryou: Ah! Onee-chan, welcome home. Did you get the stuff I asked for?

Oh thats right. I had Groceries on my way home, until...

Kyou: Sorry Ryou... I forgot.

Ryou: Hmm? Onee-chan? What's wrong?

Kyou: *Walks to room* I'll go out and get them later. Right now I need to take a shower and change.

I was almost hit by a truck today, but thats not why my heart is pounding.

To Tomoya

Tomoya: I'm home.

Ushio: *Runs to hug her paap* Welcome home.

Tomoya: You seem to be better. *Checks temperature* Your fever has gone down. Did you eat your porridge?

Ushio: Hai!

Tomoya: Okay. I'll go get thee bath ready. So you get ready to.

Ushio: Okay *Runs off*

That was close today. I thought I was gonna lose Kyou too.

...Kyou.

That was the first time in a long time I held another woman. Even though it was cold today, somehow it felt so warm. I don't think it was because it was just another body. I tthink it was because it was hers.

...Kyou.

Tomoya: *Looks over at Nagisa's photo* Nagisa...
mitchhamiltonMar 8, 2013 5:28 PM
Feb 20, 2013 10:26 PM
#7

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Well here I am, on a date. He's a nice guy, tall, good looking, a little shy but nice overall. So why am I not interested in him?



Chapter 7
Too Kind.



Reiji: Well that was a nice meal. What'd you think of it?

Kyou: It was good. I was afraid if i stayed any longer I would have to go on a diet.

Reiji: Well I ah.... I think you're.... b-beautiful so I don't think you have to worry about that.

Kyou: *Smiles* Thank you. Well I'm going this way. Bye.

Reiji: Ah hey Kyou?

Kyou: *Turns around* Hmm?

Reiji: *Opens arms*

Jeez. He really is too shy.

Kyou: *Walks over then embraces Reiji*

No... its not the same. I was afraid of that.

Reiji: *Lets go* *Blushes* Well... um... I'll call ya.

Kyou: Okay. Bye.

Again? All I thought about was one person through the entire date. I haven't seen him in about a week. I wonder how hes doing.

To Tomoya.

Tomoya: *Tucks in Ushio* There we go. Comfy?

Ushio: *Nods*

Tomoya: Good. I'll be back in a minute. I'm just gonna step outside for a bit.

Ushio: Ok. Hurry back.

Tomoya: I will. *Leaves*

It's cold. I don't know why but I've been thinking about Kyou a lot. And every time I do I also think of Nagisa. Then for some reason, I feel guilty.

Huh?

To Kyou.

Of course the shortest way back home means I have to pass by his place. Great. Well hopefully he put Ushio to bed by now so maybe.... Huh?

Kyou: Tomoya?

Tomoya: Kyou?

Kyou: ...Whats up?

Tomoya: Oh... ah not much. I just needed to.... I just needed some fresh air.

Kyou: Oh I see.

Tomoya: What are you doing out so late?

Kyou: Huh? Oh, ah well... I was just going for a walk.

Idiot, just say you were coming home from a date.

Tomoya: Really? Its kinda far from your place though.

Kyou: Yeah well, you see I've gained a little weight so i thought I'd try harder to get rid of it.

Tomoya: Really? I think you look fine.

Kyou: Huh?

Damn it.

Kyou: *Looks down* You're too kind Tomoya.

Tomoya: Hmm? What was that?

Kyou: *Looks up smiling* Nothing. Well I better get going. See ya. *Starts walking*

Please. Please. Please don't say it Tomoya.

Tomoya: KYOU!

Kyou: *Stops* Yes?

Please. Please. Please. Don't.

Tomoya: Its kinda late, and your place is kinda far. Why don't I walk you home?

He said it.

Kyou: I'll be fine. I don't wanna be a bother.

Tomoya: Its no bother. Let me just get my shoes and coat. *Goes inside*

Now's your chance. Just run and explain to him later that there was an emergency. RUN NOW!

Its no use. No matter how much I scream at myself I wont move. It's too late. Here he comes.

Tomoya: *walks up to Kyou* Hey.

Kyou: Hey.

Tomoya: Lets go.

We started walking. We didn't talk much. I'm glad neither of us brought up what happened the last time we saw each other. But still this awkwardness is really bugging me. It seemed like something was on his mind.

Kyou: So How's Ushio? Is she enjoying her school?

Tomoya: She's doing fine. Shes says her sensei is a little mean at times but she has fun..... she misses you.

Kyou: Yeah I miss her too.

Silence. Maybe I should just say goodbye at the corner.

Kyou: Thank you for walking me Tomoya. I can get home from here.

Tomoya: Alright take care.

Kyou: You too. *Starts walking*

Tomoya: ....Kyou?!

Kyou: *Stops then turns around* Hmm?

Tomoya: Why don't you and Ryou come over this Sunday? We can treat you two to dinner. It's been a while. I'm sure Ushio would love to see you again.

Kyou:......

Damn it.

Kyou: Ok! Sounds good. I'll tell Ryou.

Tomoya: Alright see ya Sunday then.

Kyou: Yeah see you.

Really Tomoya, you're too kind.
Feb 26, 2013 3:06 PM
#8

Offline
Nov 2012
135
I don't wanna go. It'll only confuse me more than I already am. If I go I know he'll say something that will get my hopes up. Doesn't help that Ryou had to cancel at the last minute. That means it'll be just he three of us.



Chapter 8
Dinner



When I entered I was so relieved to see them here as well.

Akio: Yo! Fujibayashi-san.

Sanae: Hello Fujibayashi-san. It's wonderful to see you again. How are things?

Kyou: Hello. *Takes off shoes* Fine thanks. An how are you two?

Akio: Great! Can't beat a free meal.

Tomoya: Don't get used to it old man!

Sanae: Yes things are going well. The shop is doing especially good this year.

Kyou: Thats good.

Sanae: *Confused* Oh. Wheres Ryou?

Tomoya: Oh sorry I forgot to tell you. There was an emergency at the hospital so Fujibayashi couldn't make it.

Akio: Hmmm? You use Kyou's first name but not her sister's? Is there something going on between you two? HAHAHAHA!

Tomoya: *Taken back then looks at Kyou nervously*

Kyou *Does the same then looks away*

Tomoya: *Looks away then looks at Nagisa's picture*

Akio: Hmm?

Tomoya: *Turns around and continues cooking* I've always called her by first name. Its just natural.

Sanae: Tomoya-kun? Do you need any help?

Tomoya: Yes thank you. Would you mind chopping up the veggies in the bag in the fridge.

Sanae: Hai. *Gets up and walks to the fridge*

Ushio: *Comes running in from the bathroom* Fujibayashi-sensei!

Kyou: Yo, Ushio. Long time no see. How are you?

Ushio: Good! I got an A in my class.

Kyou: Thats good. You must have a very good sensei.

Ushio: Hai, but not as good as you sensei.

Kyou:*Chuckles* Thank you. But I'm not your sensei anymore so you don't have to call me that anymore. Instead why don't you call me Fujibayashi-sama.

Tomoya: Pfft!

Kyou: What are you snickering at!

Tomoya: Sorry just the ideal of you being called that..... I.... Pffft......HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHA!

Kyou: *picks up Ushio's children's book then throws straight towards Tomoya's head*

Tomoya: *Ducks then sees the book implanted in the wall behind him* ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?! NOW WHO'S GONNA FIX THAT?!

Kyou: It's not my fault! If you would've only taken the hit like a man!

Akio: HAHAHAHA! I love this girl! We should invite her here more often.

Tomoya: Don't talk as if you're gonna come here all the time.

Ushio: *Laughs*

Kyou: *Chuckles* Don't worry Tomoya. *Lightly bows* I'll take full responsibility for my actions.

Tomoya: *Surprised* Ah... no its alright. Really. Besides *Turns back around to cook* This is kinda fun.

Sanae: *Looking at Tomoya* Hmm. *Quietly* My, my. Interesting.

Kyou: *Feels a tug on her sleeve. Looks down and sees Ushio* Hmm? What is it?

Ushio: Wanna play sevens with me and Aki?

Kyou: Sure. Oh but before I forget *Walks into kitchen and pulls a sack out of her bag* Here Tomoya.

Tomoya: What is it? *Pulls out a bottle of wine* Oh! You didn't have to though.

Kyou: I know but I thought us adults might like some. Just make sure to keep it away from Shio-chan. I don't want to be the one that makes her drunk.

Tomoya: Uh... *Remembers the first time Nagisa had sake*

Sanae: Oh... Tomoya? You okay?

Tomoya: ....Huh? Oh sorry. I was just uh... I was thinking of stuff.

Sanae: *Puts her hand on his shoulder* I know Tomoya. Me too.

Kyou: I'm sorry did I uh...

Tomoya: Oh no. It's fine.

Ushio: Kyou-sama

Kyou: Hai. *Turns around and walks over*

An hour later dinner was ready. Ushio was surprisingly good at sevens. She won most of the rounds.

Now everyone was ready to eat.

Akio: Oh!? Looks amazing! Of course what can you expect from Sanae.

Tomoya: Did you forget I helped?

Sanae: Now, now you two. Let's just enjoy this wonderful meal

Akio: Hai, hai. Now... *Puts hands together*

Everyone does the same.

Everyone: Itadakimasu!

Kyou: Sanae, would you mind passing the green beans?

Sanae: Hai. *Picks up bowl of green beans and hands to Kyou* Here you go.

Kyou: *Recieves* Thank you.

Akio: So Ushio? How this sad excuse for a man treating you? If you ever get the chance to escape from this place, you're always welcome at our place.

Tomoya: DON'T TRY TO STEAL MY DAUGHTER WHEN I'M RIGHT HERE!

Akio: So what do you think Ushio?

Tomoya: Don't ignore me.

Ushio: *Shakes head* I love it here. And I love papa.

Tomoya: *Looks at Akio* See. She knows a good thing when she sees it.

Akio: Tsk.

Sanae: Tell me Kyou, how have things been for you?

Kyou: Fine. Not really much to tell.

Sanae: Really? I would have thought you would have been seeing someone by now.

Tomoya: *Stops eating*

Kyou: Huh? Uh, well... How should i say this?

Tomoya:... Thats right. Last time you mentioned something about you seeing someone.

Kyou:...Yeah.

Sanae: I'm sorry for bringing this up. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to.

Kyou: No that's fine. We've been seeing each other for a while now. Hes nice and smart and has a nice personality.

Sanae: My, is that so? Must be nice to be able to go on dates.

Akio: Oi!

Kyou: I'm very happy at the moment.

Tomoya: That's good. Oh thats right, Ushio. Why don't you show everyone what you drew in class.

Ushio: Okay *Runs to nearby dresser and pulls out a piece of paper* Look, look. *Unfolds and shows a rough drawing of Nagisa's picture that sits on the dresser.*

Sanae: Oh how nice Ushio. Did you draw that yourself?

Ushio: Hai!

Sanae: Thats very good.

Akio: Yes, yes. Very good. You like that picture of your mom don't you?

Ushio: Hai! It's my favorite. "Dango. Dango. Dango. Dango. Dango diakozoku"

Its strange. When I hear that song I only feel like something is missing and I become sad. Yet she sings it without so much as a frown.

Dinner was nice. I haven't eaten at someone else's house in a long time. It was really fun. Akio and Tomoya were at each other most of the night. But I do think they really care for each other.

I really need to leave. I don't wanna get to attached to this feeling.

Kyou: I'm sorry but I would do some cleaning before Ryou came home.

Sanae: You're leaving so soon?

Kyou: Unfortunately. Thank you for inviting me, I had a lot of fun.

Tomoya: No. You're welcome anytime. Let me walk you to the door.

Kyou: Thank you.

Tomoya: *Gets up and walks Kyou to the door.* Be careful on your way back.

Kyou: *Puts one shoe then struggles with the other* Thanks. The meal was... whoa. *Looses balance and falls into Tomoya*

Tomoya: *Catches Kyou*.....Are you alright?

Kyou: *Nods*

We stayed like that for a while. I then remembered there were other people in the room and they were all staring at us. As soon as I realized that I regained my balance and put on my other shoe.

Kyou: *Puts one coat* Again thank you for dinner.

Tomoya: Yeah. Take care.

Kyou: Bye. *Closes door*

To Tomoya

I just stood there and stared at the door for ten seconds until I heard talking behind me.

Sanae: Akio. I think...

Akio: Hai, Hai. I agree. *Gets up* Oi, brat.

Tomoya: *Looks at Akio*

Akio: Why don't we go outside and talk.
mitchhamiltonMar 17, 2013 4:27 PM
Mar 2, 2013 6:54 PM
#9

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Akio called me out of the room for a bit. I have no idea what he wants.



Chapter 9
A Talk



Akio: *Exits the apartment with Tomoya right behind him.* Ah, its nice and cool out here. Why don't we leave the door open.

Tomoya: Okay. So what is it? Gonna extort me?

Akio: *Leans his forearms on the railing while looking serious*

I can tell what he had to say was important. We stood there for a while before he finally broke the silence.

Akio:...How are you and Shio-chan doing?

Tomoya: Fine I guess. She's doing great in school and I'm able to take a little more time off work.

Akiol: Hmm.....

Again silence. Then...

Akio: ...Ever think about finding yourself a new wife?

What?

I was shocked.

Tomoya: What?

Akio: *Looks at Tomoya* It's been seven years. It'll be good for you and Ushio if you found someone new.

Tomoya: *Clenches fist*

What the hell?!

Tomoya: We're fine. I don't need a wife and Ushio doesn't need a...

I stopped myself before I said anymore. I knew if I did I would sound unreasonable but Akio knew what I was gonna say.

Akio: A mommy?

Tomoya: Why? Why are you bringing this up? Did you forget about Nagisa already? Are you just gonna move one and pretend like nothing happened?

Akio: *Stands straight while looking right in Tomoya's eye* Listen, Sanae and I are gonna have another baby.

Tomoya: ...What?

Akio: Well, we're trying at least. *Looks in the room where Sanae is playing with Ushio* She needs to have a child of her own in her life. When Nagisa passed I don't think anyone took it harder than her. She cried for three days until you called us up that day.

That's right. I remember. Three days after Nagisa passed. I called the Furukawa's up

*Flashback*

Akio: *Picks up ringing phone* Hai? Furukawa residence.

Tomoya:.......

Akio: Hello? *Looks at the caller id* Tomoya? Whats wrong?

Tomoya: ...I can't

Akio: Huh?

Tomoya: I can't take care of her... Ushio.

Akio: Huh? What are you saying?

Tomoya: I...

Akio: Tomoya? Tomoya? *Sanae then grabs the phone from him.*

Sanae: Hello? Tomoya-kun?

Tomoya:...Sanae? I can't. She *Sniff* Nagisa... Nagisa. I never should have.... I never should have married her, I never should have met her.

Sanae: ....Tomoya-kun. *Hears Ushio crying in the background* ....Tomoya-kun, I'm coming over. *Puts down phone.* Akio, bring Nagisa's old baby crib out and put it in the spare room. I'll be back shortly.

*back to present*

I remember when I called and when she came over I was drunk. Ushio was lying on the floor crying while wearing a dirty diaper. I was pathetic.

Akio: Then when she brought Shio-chan over she made sure to never cry again, not while she was taking care of Ushio.

That's right. On the last night Ushio spent with them Sanae cried for 2 hours. I know cause so did I.

Akio: Now that she's childless again she wants to have another baby. Of course I'm not apposed. It'll be good for her.

Tomoya: So thats it? You're just gonna replace Nagisa?

Akio: You're not listening to me. Do you think at any point while we were taking care of Ushio we thought "Its a good thing she's here to replace Nagisa"? You think we didn't see it? How she started to look like Nagisa day after day? Even so we knew she was your daughter and that she was gonna live with you one day. And when that day came we would see her off with a smile.

I dont get how he stayed so calm. I was piratically shouting yet he kept his composure.

Akio: We're not replacing her. No one ever could. Sanae is a mother without a child.

Tomoya: ...Fine. Congrats. What does this have to do with me and Ushio?

Akio: Moving on, and forgetting are two different things.

Tomoya: Huh?

Akio: You think if you find yourself a girl that it would be like the time you spent with Nagisa meant nothing to you or her. But That's not true. Regretting the time or being sorry about ever meeting her means it meant nothing to you.

Tomoya: ....But I do regret meeting her. If I didn't then she...

Akio: Nobody, blames you for her death. Not me, not Sanae, not Ushio, no one. In fact I'm glad she met you. I started noticing after the first time you came to our shop Nagisa would come home happier and happier. She loved you, Tomoya. With everything she had, she loved you. You made her stronger just by letting her know that the next day you would be there for her. Was it that way for you too?

....Nagisa. You...

Tomoya: ...Yeah. I'm glad I met her.

Akio: Look, I'm not saying you should find yourself someone right now, I'm just asking you to think it over. *Gets ready to head inside, but before he does he stops* Who knows. There may be someone close to you already. All you need to do is reach out. *Heads in.*

Akio: Well I think it's time for us to head out.

Sanae: I agree.

Ushio: Can you come again?

Akio: Of course. *Gives thumbs up*

They said their goodbyes and left

To the Furukawa's

Sanae: How did he take it.

Akio: He's stubborn. But he knew what he needs to do.

Sanae: That's good. I don't like poking my nose in his affairs but Ushio...

Akio: I know.

Sanae: Did you tell him about our...?

Akio: Yes. He took it okay. Although he did say we were only trying to replace Nagisa. Took all my strength to not punch him right then and there.

Sanae: He only means well. *Stops*

Akio: Hmm? Whats wrong?

Sanae: Nothing. I was just thinking how I may have one last cry before we have another baby and how sad it kinda is how I'll never cry over Nagisa again.
mitchhamiltonApr 6, 2013 3:07 PM
Apr 6, 2013 4:22 PM

Offline
Nov 2012
135
I understand what Akio was trying to say, hell the thought has crossed my mind several times. *Looks at a sleeping Ushio* A new mom huh?



Chapter 10
A Decision



The next morning I woke up Ushio, fixed breakfast, did the dishes, then sat Ushio down for a talk.

Tomoya: *Sits across table from Ushio* Ushio, are you happy?

Ushio: *Gives confused look*

Tomoya: Well I mean.... are you happy with just the two of us? Do you wish sometimes you had a mommy?

Ushio: A mommy?

Tomoya: Yeah. I know you may be happy to have just the two of us but I was worried that maybe you feel like you're missing out on something because its just us.

Ushio:.....Sometimes. Sometimes when I see other kids with their mommies I feel....

Tomoya: I see.

Ushio: But I'm really happy just to be with papa.

Tomoya: *Chuckle* And I'm very happy to be with you. *Looks at clock* Well, It's time to go. You have all your things ready for school?

Ushio: *Nods*

Tomoya: Alright! Lets head out.

After I dropped Ushio off I decided to walk around for a while. With no real destination I decided to walk all over town. I thought about a lot of things. How 2 years ago I started living with Ushio. How before then I was a terrible father. I am very happy that I am able to stay with her like a father should. Making up for lost time has been fun. Ushio says she is happy but I'm sure she does want a mommy. But do I really want to marry someone cause of that? If I had a choice to have someone be her mom.....

So I walked and ended up here, in front of Kyou's apartment building. Maybe I should say hello.

To Kyou

Kyou: *On phone* Uh-huh. I understand............. That's fine. You'll just have to reheat it.

*Ding dong*

Kyou: Yes, that was the doorbell. So I'll talk to you later.........You too. Bye. *hangs up then head for the door* Coming! *Opens* Tomoya? This is a surprise.

Tomoya: Yo! Sorry to just drop by like this.

Kyou: Its fine. Come on in.

Tomoya: Sorry for the intrusion. *Walks in and takes off shoes*

Kyou: So what brings you here?

Tomoya: I was just walking around and noticed you were close by so I decided to stop by.

Kyou: I see. Oh Ryou wanted to apologize again for not being able to make it last time.

Tomoya: Its fine. I hope you enjoyed it.

Kyou: I did. Who knew you could cook so well.

Tomoya: Well I learned for Ushio's sake. Couldn't feed her on convenience store ramen alone.

Kyou: *Chuckle* Right, right. Oh I'm sorry. Do you want some tea or coffee or something?

Tomoya: No I'm fine. I might just head out soon anyways.

Kyou: Oh. So soon?

Tomoya: Yeah. I was just thinking some things over and found myself here.

Kyou: I see. What were you thinking about?

Tomoya: Well you know... stuff.

Kyou: Ugh. How disappointing.

Tomoya: Well excuse me for not being entertaining.

Kyou: Well I shouldn't be to surprised. Its not like you were ever a great thinker or anything.

Tomoya: Oi!

Kyou: *Laughs* Just joking. Mostly.

Tomoya: *Chuckles* You know.... I always have fun with you.

Kyou: Huh?

Tomoya: Even in high school when people told me they thought we never get along, I never once thought that was true. I would give you a hard time and you would do the same ten fold. But I never thought of never talking with you cause of that. It may be because we were so close back then that i didn't realize sooner.

Kyou: Huh? R-realize what?

Tomoya: Kyou?

Kyou: N-nani?

Tomoya: How are you and Reiji doing?

Kyou: Why do you ask that?

Tomoya: Just tell me please.

Why is he asking me this all of a sudden. What a strange question. I can't really think of an answer right now but if i had to describe my feelings for Reiji I would say....

Kyou: *Looks down* I don't know.

Tomoya: I see.

We just sat in silence for I don't know how long. I feel like i need to say something.

Kyou: H-

Tomoya: Kyou?

Kyou: Hai?

Tomoya: What do say we start dating each other?

Kyou:......

Tomoya: I know its sudden but-

Kyou: No.

Tomoya: Huh?

Kyou: I'm sorry Tomoya but the answer is no.

Tomoya: A-hahaha. Right. After all you have Reiji.

Kyou: That's not it. I wish I could say that's the reason but it isn't.

Tomoya: Then-

Kyou: Leave.

Tomoya: Huh?

Kyou: Please leave Tomoya.

Tomoya: O-ok.

And so he did. I don't think I looked at him once after he asked me out. The words I've been waiting for him to say, and I said no. I cant. It wouldn't be right. Not when I feel this was about Nagisa's death.

I feel like crying.
mitchhamiltonApr 18, 2013 9:27 AM
Apr 21, 2013 10:06 PM

Offline
Nov 2012
135
I remember when I first met Tomoya, it was in our second year. I was elected class president so it was my duty to keep the students in my class in line. So when I saw Tomoya and that idiot Sunohara trying to escape through the window, naturally I intervened. Thanks to that I had to supervise them after school while they made signs. Some heavy wooden planks almost fell on top of me and Tomoya pulled me out of the way. I found myself slowly becoming more and more interested in him.



Chapter 11
Reminiscing



Ryou: *Walks in the apartment* I'm home!

Kyou: Welcome home. How was your day?

Ryou: Great! Guess what!

Kyou: Nani?

Ryou: *Shows Kyou her engagement ring*

Kyou: *Gasp* He didn't

Ryou: *nods happily*

Kyou: *Gives Ryou a big hug* Congratulations Ryou! I'm so happy!

Ryou: Me too!

Kyou: *Lets go* Tell me, tell me, how did he propose?

Ryou: Well he said he had something for me in his coat pocket and he was to busy to get it himself, so he asked me to go get and there it was.

Kyou: *Disappointed* Ugh. How unromantic.

Ryou: Still, I'm happy. Oh, and to celebrate I'm gonna cook our favorites tonight.

Kyou: Yay!

I remember telling Ryou about Tomoya. She knew before I did that I liked him. She didn't meet Tomoya till our third year.

9 years ago

Sensei:.....and so Fujibayashi Ryou will be the class president this year. Fujibayashi, would you like to say a few words?

Ryou: Um... *Stands up* Thank you for electing me class president. I don't have much experience but I will do my best. *Bows*

Sensei: Thank you Fujibayashi. Now if you will open-

Lunch break

Sunohara: Okazaki!

Tomoya: Why are you being so loud, Sunohara?

Sunohara: Hey, wanna go down to the first floor and check out the young, cute, freshmen?

Tomoya: What are you, a dirty old man?

Sunohara: Come on. Last year I didn't get any action but this year... *stands on chair then puts one leg on his desk* SUNOHARA YOUHEI WILL GET THE CUTEST GIRL IN SCHOOL!

Tomoya: What world do you live in?

Ryou: *walks up* Um... Sunohara-kun? Would you mind not making loud announcements on top of desks?

Sunohara: *Sees Ryou* Hmmm. Not bad. *Jumps down in front of Ryou*

Ryou: *Startled*

Sunohara: Say, Fujibayashi-san?

Ryou: H-hai?

Sunohara: How would you like a handsome boyfriend like me?

Ryou: HEEEEEEEEEEEEEH?!

Tomoya: Have you lost you mind? Do you not know who her sister is? I'll give you a hint; They're twins.

Sunohara: TWINS?! Yes! *Turns from Ryou and mumbles* This is my chance. *Turns back around* Say Fujibayashi-san? Is you sister lonely as well?

Tomoya: You are the biggest idiot in school.

*Tap tap tap tap tap*

Tomoya: Hmm? Oh. Sunohara? I'll give you another hint who her sister is. Turn around.

Sunohara: Huh? *Turns around and immediately gets hit in the face with a dictionary*

Kyou: *Grabs Sunohara before he falls* Why you! What do you think you're doing to my innocent sister?!

Tomoya: You might wanna ask him when he is conscience.

Kyou: *takes a look at Tomoya* Huh? *Then looks back at Sunohara* Oh. Hmm. I wonder if I killed him, would it be a crime?

Tomoya: Don't say things like that with that scary face.

Kyou: Oh well. *Lets go of Sunohara then turns to Ryou* Ryou? Are you okay?

Ryou: Um... yes.

Kyou: I see you met the lowest life forms in school already. *Turns to Tomoya* Long time no see, Tomoya.

Tomoya: Yeah. Wait what did you say about me?

Kyou: Ryou, I'll make sure these two don't give you a hard time.

Ryou: No, thats fine, Onee-chan

Tomoya: DON'T IGNORE ME!

Ryou: *Walks up to Tomoya's desk* Nice to meet you Okazaki-kun. *lightly bows* I heard many things from my sister about you and Sunohara.

Tomoya: Yo. So now we're in the same class? I just hope you aren't as loud as your sister.

Kyou: WHO YOU CALLING LOUD!?

Tomoya: I've heard many things from your sister about you. I guess I'm now in your care, class president.

Ryou: Hai.

Kyou: DON'T IGNORE ME!

Whenever lunch time came around I would always visit Ryou's class. I didn't realize it was really an excuse to talk with Tomoya.

Ryou would sometimes talk about Tomoya and Sunohara. Then one day...

Ryou: *Walks up to school gate* Onee-chan, sorry to make you wait.

Kyou: Geez. Just what were you- *See's Tomoya walking with Ryou* Oh, Tomoya? What are you doing here.

Tomoya: Nothing. Well I'll see you guys later. *Walks ahead of them*

Kyou: Ryou? Was he giving you trouble again?

Ryou: Huh? N-no. nothing like that. He was just...

Sunohara: *Walking with Tomoya* Man what another boring lecture. Can't they think of anything else to say to us.

Tomoya: Really.

Sunohara: Hus? Isn't that Fujibayashi at the gates?

Tomoya: Yeah you're right.

Sunohara: Wonder what shes doing here? Could it be, shes waiting for me?

Tomoya: Unlikely. Shes probably waiting for her sister. Dammit!

Sunohara. Hmm? Whats wrong?

Tomoya: I left my bag in class.

Sunohara: Just get it Tomorrow.

Tomoya: I left some money in there though. I'm gonna go get it. *Runs off* Go ahead without me. *Runs all the way back in to the room then opens the door and see his bag. Walks up to get it.*

Ryou: Okazaki-kun?

Tomoya: Oh. Hey Fujibayashi.

Ryou: Forgot your bag huh?

Tomoya: Yeah. What are you doing here?

Ryou: I'm cleaning up.

Tomoya: Huh? Wasn't some else on clean up duty?

Ryou: um yes but they said they had to leave for their club.

Tomoya: Hmm? Don't the presidents usually excuse tardiness if they have clean up duty?

Ryou: I-I Guess so.

Tomoya: *Grabs bag* Well then see ya tomorrow, maybe.

Ryou: Hopefully you'll be here tomorrow.

Tomoya: Later. *walks to the door and slides it open. Before he walks out he turns around and takes one last look at Ryou.* *Sigh* Dammit. *puts down bag*

Ryou: Okazaki-kun?

Tomoya: Here let me help. *Grabs broom*

Ryou: Huh? Thats ok. you don't have to.

Tomoya: Its fine. Just ready the dust pan.

Ryou: H-hai.

After wiping everything down they are nearly finished.

Ryou: Thank you.

Tomoya: Anything else?

Ryou: No. *grabs her bag and the waste bin*

Tomoya: I'll take that.

Ryou: N-no thats fine. You've done enough for me.

Tomoya: It's fine just let me take this down.

Ryou: But...

*Silence*

Tomoya: Fine how about we both take it down? *Grabs other side of the waste bin*

Ryou: O-okay.

They then started walking towards the dumpster. They made small talk until...

Ryou: You're surprisingly kind Tomoya.

Tomoya: Huh? *irritated look*

Ryou: I-I mean, you helped me even though I didn't ask you. You also always clean the class when its you turn.

Tomoya: Well I... *Thinks to himself "thats because it's a good excuse to not go home" then he looks a Ryou and puts on a fake smile* I love helping out sometimes.

Ryou: See you are kind.

They continue to walk until Ryou stops and looks towards the inner courtyard.

Tomoya: *Notices* Hmm? What is it?

Ryou: Oh um nothing. *Continues walking, then stops when she realizes Tomoya isn't walking.* Tomoya-kun?

Tomoya: *Looking at the guys in the courtyard then thinks to himself "That's Funami Kyosuke. Wasn't he on clean up duty today?" Then Tomoya walks towards him.*

Ryou: To-Tomoya-kun!

Tomoya: HEY!

Funami: Huh?

Tomoya: Finished with club duties already?

Funami: Huh? *Looks behind Tomoya and sees Ryou* Oh! Umm...

Tomoya: Really? How pathetic can you be? Making our class president do all the work by herself.

Funami: W-What you say to me?

Friend: Careful man, it's Okazaki.

Funami: *Glares at Okazaki then takes another look at Ryou* Fine. Unlike you I care if i get suspended. *walks up to Ryou and takes the bin from her then lightly bows and apologizes then walks away*

Ryou: "Walks up to Tomoya* Okazaki-kun, really you didn't have to do that.

Tomoya: I know. It just bugs me when someone dodges their responsibility like that.

Ryou: You're one to talk, Okazaki-kun.

Tomoya: Oi!

Ryou: *Giggles*

They then walk towards the school gate.

Ryou: I guess. I'm not cut out to be class president.

Tomoya: Weren't you elected against your will?

Ryou: In a way yes. I did want to be class president to help with my shyness but I was to afraid to elect myself.

Tomoya: I see. Well I think you do a good job.

Ryou: Huh?

Tomoya: Most people in class ignore me and Sunohara, hell most of them are afraid of us. But you still come up to us and remind us to come to class on time the next day. I know thats not easy for you.

Ryou: No it's not. I don't think of you as a very violent person Okazaki-kun. I heard stories about you and Sunohara but I still think you're a good person.

Tomoya: You really aren't good at judging people are you? Oh there's Kyou.

Back to Kyou and Ryou at the school gates.

Kyou: Ryou?

Ryou: *Flustered* Huh? N-nani?

Kyou: Hmm?

Tomoya: *Crosses the street from school then stops* Oh. I forgot my bag.

After that Ryou started talking about Tomoya differently and more frequently. Then a few months later...

Ryou and Kyou at home.

Kyou: *Sigh* I swear that teacher must really hate his students.

Ryou: Um... Kyou?

Kyou: Hmm? Nani?

Ryou: I... I think I like Okazaki-kun.

Kyou: Huh?

Ryou: I know you may say i have strange tastes but I think...

I don't remember what she said after that. All I remember was those words. "I think I like Okazaki-kun." I never told Ryou how i felt about him so I don't blame her, but surely she must have known how I felt. I didn't know what to do. I never loved someone as much as I loved Tomoya, now Ryou says she likes him. I didn't know what else to do.

Kyou: *Give sthumbs up* Okay! Leave it to me. I'll make sure he notices my cute sister.

Ryou: Really!? Thank you onee-chan. Oh I'll go prepare the bath.

Kyou: Okay.

I knew it was stupid. I never confessed to him cause I was so afraid of that what we had would disappear if I did. So I helped Ryou any way I could. Whenever it was just me a Tomoya I would talk about Ryou. Her hobbies, what she likes, I even told him her favorite panties had strawberries on them. But it wasn't enough and every time I did it killed me a little inside. Each chance i had to be alone with him was a chance to tell him how I felt. But I couldn't do it cause of Ryou. Then he met Nagisa.

*Present Day*

After dinner.

Ryou: I'll clean the dishes.

Kyou: Hai.

Ryou: *Cleaning up* Oh did you do the laundry today?

Kyou: Hai.

Ryou: Okay. Also I'm thinking of shopping for a wedding dress tomorrow wanna come with me?

Kyou: Hai.

Ryou: I think I'll dress up as a bunny while we're out as well.

Kyou: Hai.

Ryou: Onee-chan? Whats wrong?

Kyou: Hmm? Nothing I was just remembering stuff.

Ryou: I see.

Kyou: Hey Ryou?

Ryou: Hmm?

Kyou: You knew how I felt about Tomoya back then, when you told me you liked him right?

*Silence*

Kyou: Why did you tell me that? You knew if you did, I would step out of the way for you. So why?

Ryou: Because... I knew you would step out of the way if you knew.

Kyou: Huh?

Ryou: The truth is, I was always jealous of your relationship withe each other. How you could so easily mock him and he would do the same with no one hurting the others feelings. So I thought if I told you how I felt about him you would stop that. I'm sorry Kyou.

Kyou: .....It's to late.

Ryou: Huh?

Kyou: Its to late to say you're sorry.

I didn't say it to be mean. I said it cause it was true. It was to late. As soon as Nagisa entered the picture it was to late for any of us to do anything. We didn't stand a chance.

Kyou: Ryou?

Ryou: Hai?

Kyou: Tomoya.... said he wants to date me.

Ryou: Eeh?

Kyou: *Nods*

Ryou: T-thats wonderful. So when will-

Kyou: I rejected him.

Ryou: Eeh? Why?

Kyou: *Puts face on the table*

Ryou: Onee-chan?

Kyou: Did you know...... that I'm relieved Nagisa is dead?

Ryou: Uh?

I said it. For the first time I said it out loud. These dark, dark feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Phew. that was a long chapter to write.

fun fact: when i was trying to think of a name for the class mate who skipped out on clean up duty i thought of "Funami, Yui" from "Yuru Yuri" and kyosuke from "ore no imouto" not realizing till after typing the name that the guy who voices kyosuke kirino also voices tomoya okazaki.

FUN FACTS
mitchhamiltonMay 11, 2013 3:56 PM
Jun 12, 2013 10:24 AM
Offline
Jun 2013
1
are you going to continue this story?
Jun 20, 2013 4:26 AM

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Ryou hasn't said much to me since that day. Even if she did, I doubt I'd have anything to say back. Why? I really cared for Nagisa. Was I upset that she so easily had Tomoya fall in love with her? Of course. I'd known Tomoya for a year and he still couldn't see how I felt about him. Not only that but then Ryou had to say how she felt about him. If it wasn't for her... Whats wrong with me? I'm taking my anger out on those I care the most for. I...I don't think I can stay in this town any longer.



Chapter 12
Time wasted.



Kyou: *Sigh* That was the last kid. I don't feel like going home right now, so I think I'll clean up a little more.

Kyou's phone beeps.

Kyou: Hmm? *Pulls it out and read the text*

Reiji: "Hey Kyou! :) I was wondering how you felt about going somewhere out of the city for the weekend?"

Oh, that's right. I would most likely have to leave Reiji behind as well. We haven't been dating that long but I know he cares about me, even if he hasn't really made any moves on me. Not that I would let him in the first place since I'm still... well... I'll just say inexperienced. But still, there's nothing wrong with him. Things just suddenly became complicated and I know it's all my fault. 9 years. God I'm pathetic.

To Tomoya

I'm Pathetic. Why did I ask her out? I'm not entirely sure why. Was it just because Ushio needs a mother in her life? She has Sanae-san. No I cant ask anymore from her than I already have. Plus they may have a baby of their own soon. Kyou. How do I feel about her?

Some time later.

Akio. Oh? What are you doing here? I'm not giving you any money so get out.

Tomoya: Be quiet old man.

Akio: So you're not here for money? Then what do you want?

Tomoya: I don't know.

Akio: Hmm? Where's Ushio? Don't tell me, you lost her? Dammit! SANAE! IT'S HAPPENED JUST LIKE I SAID IT WOULD!

Tomoya: Shut up! She's staying at a friends house.

Akio: Oh. NEVER MIND, FALSE ALARM FOR NOW!

Tomoya: "For now."?

Akio: Well since you don't know what you're here for then I'm going to get back to work. *Sits down behind cash register and reads the newspaper*

Tomoya: Good luck with that.

Sanae comes out from the back.

Sanae: Oh, Tomoya? Hello, how are you today?

Tomoya: Hello, Sanae-san. Good thanks.

Sanae: Wonderful. Oh. Good timing. I recently made some new bread. Would you care to try it?

Tomoya: Um.. Ah no. I... I just ate a big lunch so.....yeah.

Sanae: That's a shame. I gave these out to some customers before but since they never returned I never knew how they felt about them.

I think there's a reason for them not returning.

Sanae: Oh. Honey, have you....

Akio: Oh, did you want to?

Sanae: It's just I'm so happy, I can't wait.

Akio: Alright.

Sanae: Tomoya-kun? We're having a baby!

Tomoya: Huh?

Sanae: *Wipes away a tear* I'm so happy.

Akio: We were gonna tell you and Ushio together but

Sanae: *Daydreaming*

Akio: As you can see, she couldn't wait.

Tomoya: Oh That's good. Congratulations.

Sanae: Thank you. I know, I'll make some tea to celebrate. *Goes in back.*

Akio: Hmm. Man, I haven't seen her that happy in a long time.

Tomoya: I don't think I've ever seen her like that.

Akio: I've seen it 4 times before. When I proposed, when she first became pregnant, when you asked for Nagisa's hand in marriage, and when she found out she was gonna be a grandmother. Man, is it rare seeing her that happy but its still worth the wait.

Tomoya: Mm. Hey? Remember when you told me the first time you guys were trying to have a baby? You also said I should think about remarrying. Well I've been thinking about it and maybe your right but I don't want that to be the sole reason to pursue a relationship. It just wouldn't feel right. So I've been worrying that I might go after a woman for that and not realize it. In fact I may have already done it... I asked Kyou out. If there was any woman i would feel the most comfortable with, it would be with her. But She rejected me. Now I'm at a loss. Also I don't think I can just forget about Nagisa.

Akio: *Sigh* Didn't we already have this conversation before? I doubt there's anything you can do to forget about Nagisa, so don't worry about that. I know how you feel. I would give anything and everything just to see her laugh again, but I know that's not gonna happen. Not because I don't want to. We all have to move forward Tomoya. If not then 5, 10 years down the road you'll find out you wasted a lot of time. Hell you already have. It's almost been 8 years.

Man, has it been that long? It still feels like yesterday when...

Akio: You know, once when you left Ushio here she saw a girl, about her age, walk in with her mother. The girl was wide eyed and happy that she visited a new place with her mother and so was the mother. Ushio just sat behind the counter staring at them with curiosity. Doesn't take a genius to know what she was thinking at the time.

Tomyoa: Yeah. She still does that. But still I shouldn't just choose some random woman.

Akio: You also shouldn't do nothing, it's not fair for Ushio.

Tomoya: I know. But the only person who I thought might actually date me, rejected me and I never even knew my feelings for her.

Akio: Hmmm? She's pretty, wouldn't you agree?

Tomoya: *Blushes* Y-sure, I guess.

Akio: You seem to have fun with her, you call her by her first name with no honorifics, you've invited her to your place multiple times.

Tomoya: Hey don't make it sound dirty! Fine, fine you make some good points. Dammit.

Kyou. You were so annoying in school. Always made a loud entrance, caused nothing but trouble for me, always yelled at me... still, I don't think I could never say it wasn't fun. There's no one else like you.

Tomoya: *Turns to leave*

Akio: Oi where you going?

Tomoya: There's someone I need to talk too. *Leaves*

Akio: *Sighs* Oh to be young.

Sanae; *Comes from back with tea* Yes. I remembered when we thought we had the world figured out, until it threw was unexpected surprises.

Akio: Yeah. Some of them felt unfair but we made it threw them. Then we became old.

Sanae: Maybe you did.

Akio: Oi!

Sanae: *Giggles then hugs Akio* Darling?

Akio: Hmm?

Sanae: *Sniffle* Please hold me for a while.

Akio: Yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well finally made an update. sorry for the loooooooong wait but ive been experiencing some personal problems and ive been in a bit of a writers block because of it. with this story i knew how it was gonna begin and how its going to end and a few details in the middle. so yeah. i would say there are maybe 2 or 3 chapter left, no more than 5 (hopefully) and ill try to update it as frequently as possible.
mitchhamiltonAug 11, 2013 12:56 PM
Jul 23, 2013 4:08 AM

Offline
Nov 2012
135
To Tomoya

Tomoya: ...Yeah sorry about this... Hai... I know I said that but before I knew it I arrived at the station and bought a ticket. I just have to see him now... Thank you Sanae-san, i really do rely on you too much... ehhaha... hai hai... mm. Bye. *Hangs up phone*

I don't really know what I'm doing or what I'm going to say but I need to ask him questions. I don't know if he'll answer them. He never was very talkative about the subject, of course I don't blame him. I wont be there till tomorrow, unfortunately. Maybe I should've waited, he probably would want to see Ushio.

...24 hours. Just 24 hours, Naoyuki.



Chapter 13
Surprise visit.



I'm here. Just a little ways up the hill and I'll be there. Its not too hot but still I really don't wanna stay out here any longer than I have to. Few more houses to go. Its been about a year since I visited. Damn it! I really should have brought Ushio. Grandma would've loved to see her. Here it is. Shino Okazaki and Naoyuki Okazaki... dad.

Tomoya: *Rings intercom*

Shino: Hello?

Tomoya: Hey grandma. Its me, Tomoya.

Shino: Oh! Tomoya? Come in, come in.

Tomoya: *Walks through the gate and heads to the front door.*

Shino: Welcome Tomoya. Come in. Hmm? Is Ushio not with you?

Tomoya: No, sorry. I know you would've wanted to see her but before I knew it I was on my way here.

Shino: Is something wrong?

Tomoya: No. I just needed to speak with him.

Shino: Well he's sitting on the back porch. Just head on back. I'll go make some tea.

Tomoya: Thanks. Pardon the intrusion. *Takes off shoes then heads towards the back*... Hey dad.

Naoyuki: *Looks up* Ah, Tomoya-kun. Welcome.

Tomoya: *Sits down* How are you?

Naoyuki: I'm good. How are you and Ushio?

Tomoya: We're fine. Shes making lots of friends and shows some real talent for art, but her grades could be a little better.

Naoyuki: *Chuckles* I remember when you were her age you were the same. Making friends, tough time with studying. Except with you it wasn't art you were good at it was basketball.....Oh. *Looks away* Sorry.

Tomoya: *Rubs shoulder*................ Listen dad I need to ask you something.

Naoyuki: Hmm?

Tomoya: When mom died did you ever think about remarrying? I know this subject is something we really talked about but...

Naoyuki: No. Its fine. I Might be ready to talk about it.... Atsuko-chan. I loved her more than I thought I ever thought Icould love someone. She was so beautiful your mother. So kind, so passionate. I met her in my third year of high school. By that time I had some troubles with the law and my parents. It wasn't their fault I was just stupid and young. So one day while walking to school, as I was making my way up the hill... *Sees papers coming toward him* Hmm?

Atsuko: Excuse me?! Could you please grab those?

I looked up and saw her. Hair blowing in the wind with the brightest smile I've ever seen.

Naoyuki: *Stares for a second and snaps out of it* Oh. Hai. *Runs and grabs 3 pieces of papers and heads over to Atsuko* Here. Is this all of them?

Atsuko: *Grabs the papers* Yes. Thank you very much. I went to grab them out of my bag and I didn't expect the wind to kick up like that.

Naoyuki: Maybe I should carry those for you.

Atsuko: Ah. No, I couldn't ask that of you.

Naoyuki: Its fine. It'd be a problem if the wind picked up again. *Grabs the papers*

Atsuko: Thank you. You're kind.

Naoyuki: You're a poor judge of character.

Atsuko: Oh? So you're not kind?

Naoyuki: Well, most people wouldn't say that about me.

Atsuko: Well I would. *Giggle* After all you are carrying my papers for me.

Naoyuki: Well maybe I just want take advantage of you.

Atsuko: Wow. You actually looked scary while saying that. *Giggle*

Inside the school building on the third floor.

Atsuko: Thank you again... um? Oh, that's right I never got your name.

Naoyuki: Ah! I'm Okazaki, Naoyuki

Atsuko: I'm Yamada, Atsuko.

We then parted ways. In class, as I was about to pull my books out of my bag I realized something about Atsuko-chan. I told myself if I saw her again I would ask her about it. During lunch I looked around for her and found her in the court yard with 2 other girls. I walked up to her and said...

Naoyuki: Yamada-san!

Atsuko: Ah! Okazaki-kun? Whats up?

Naoyuki: I was just wondering, why didn't you put the papers in you bag?

Atsuko: Eh?

Naoyuki: You had a bag this morning. You were pulling them out of your bag when the wind blew them away so why didn't you just put them back in?

Atsuko: Wow. You're surprisingly sharp, Okazaki-kun. Seems I've been caught.

Naoyuki: Eh?

Atsuko: You see, I just wanted to take advantage of you. *Giggles*

I think that's when I knew. when she gave me that mischievous smile, I would want this woman to be with me forever.

Atsuko: Sorry, Okazaki-kun. To make it up to you how about I let you eat with 3 pretty girls.

Girl #1: Atsuko!?

Atsuko: It's fine. Come, Okazaki-kun.

Naoyuki: Well then, excuse me. *sits down*

After that we hung out for a while. Months later I told her I loved her. We were out with some of our friends to see a movie...

Atsuko: *Wipes away tear* Wow! I did not expect that movie to have such a sad ending.

Umehara: *Sniffle* I know, right?

Naoyuki: Did you really have to cry, Umehara? It was embarrassing.

Umehara: Leave me alone. I'm a sensitive guy.

Atsuko: Geeze, Atsuko. Don't pick on Umehara. I like guys who can cry. *Giggle*

Umehara: Thank you Yamada-san. *chuckle*

I then excused myself after that to go to the beach. Umehara had known Atsuko longer than me, so from time to time I would get jealous of their relationship. I left because those were one of those times. I went to the beach when...

Atsuko: What are you doing, Okazaki-kun?

Naoyuki: *Turns around* Yamada-san?

Atsuko: Why did you leave so suddenly?

Naoyuki: No reason. I just felt like seeing the ocean.

Atsuko: Hmmm? Well then, me too. Wanna walk together.

Naoyuki: I don't mind. *Waits for Atsuko before continuing*

We walked for a little while without saying much then...

Atsuko: I love the ocean. So vast and mysterious. Theres so much lif in there that we don't know about. I love the sound it makes. *Takes off shoes* The way it feels *Walks to the water meets the land* Its so beautiful. *closes eyes*

I knew I would never have another chance like this. So I gathered all my courage.

Naoyuki: *Clenches fists and looks down*......You're beautiful.

Atsuko: *Opens eyes and looks towards Naoyuki* Ehh?

No point in stopping there I figured.

Naoyuki: Yamada-san? I know I'm not the most expressive guy. I know I have a bit of a temper. I've made a lot of mistakes, caused a lot of problems. I'm not even worth being in the same vicinity as you but I love you more than anyone. I know I can't cry for you or with you, but I can embrace you like no other man could. So...

5 seconds can be a really long time. I looked down through my confession and through those 5 seconds.

Atsuko... Thats ok.

Naoyuik: Uh? *Looks up*

Atskuko: *Crying* I can cry for the both of us. *Moves in and hugs Naoyuki*

I then embraced her as she soaked my shirt, and we kissed for the first time. We stayed together all through high school. I Stuck to my studies, came to school earlier, and left the group I hung around. They didn't take the news well. Finally we went to college, we found a job, and moved in together. She was pregnant with you when we she graduated college. We got married before you were born. Her parents were against it. They never did like me, and her parents hated me. They blame me for.... After you were born, about 3 years later...

Atsuko: *On the phone while holding Tomoya* Yes I know. I'll try and get some but if they're out again then we're gonna have to switch to another business because we're backed up as it is with paper work. Ok? Bye. *Hangs up* Now Tomoya show me your picture that you drew.

Tomoya: Look. It's mama and papa and me.

Atsuko: Very good Tomoya. And is this our house in the back? *Points to paper*

Tomoya: Un!

Atsuko: Nicely done. Listen Tomoya, mommy has to go right now so why don't you see if you papa needs anything.

Tomoya: Hai! *runs off to the back of the house*

Atsuko: Naoyuki! I have to head out to get some more printing paper. Watch over Tomoya carefully. You know how he is.

Naoyuki: Hai-hai! Tomoya? why don't you hand papa his briefcase over there?

Tomoya: Hai!

Atsuko: Well then, I'm off!

Naoyuki: Have a safe trip.

A few hours went by and I wondered what was taking her. Then another few hours went by until I decided to call the company.

Naoykui: Hai? Is Atsuko, Okazaki there? ....eh? But she left to get you guys papers hours ago she should've been there by now.... No... Thats fine, thank you. *Hangs up*

30 minutes went by when there was a knock on the door.

Naoykui: *Opens the door and sees two officers at the door* Um, yes?

Officer 1: Okazaki, Naoyuki?

Naoyuki: Yes?

Officer 1: I'm afraid there's been an accident involving your wife. I'm afraid shes dead.

Naoykui: Eh? W-what?

Officer 1: We need you to come with us to identify the body.

Naoykui: What? *Tears start falling* What?

It was as they said; Atsuko, my wife, your mother was dead. I took it hard. I took to drinking and smoking at first. After I calmed downed, I realized I had to take care of you by myself so I did. I explained to you mommy wasn't gonna be able to come back but I don't think you understood and kept asking me about her. Until...

Naoyuki: I'll be back in a little while Tomoya. Stay here and keep the door and windows locked and don't open it for anybody, ok?

Tomoya: Why don't I go to where mama is?

Naoyuki: I told you that wasn't possible Tomoya. Now stay here and be good.

Tomoya: *Grabs his father's sleeve* I want to go with mama. Why can't I go with mama?

Naoyuki: *Clenches fist* Tomoya, don't

Tomoya: I want to see mama. Take me to mama's.

Naoyuki: Tomoya.

Tomoya: Wheres mama? I want to see mama. Take me to mama's.

Naoyuki: *Smacks*

Tomoya: *Falls down, then grabs his red cheek with tears in his eyes* P-Papa?

Naoyukki: SHUT UP! I TOLD YOU YOU CAN NEVER SEE MAMA AGAIN YOU GOT IT!? NOW STAY HERE AND SHUT UP! *Leaves*

I never thought I could sink so low. Then I sunk even lower. After work I went drinking to try and forget this morning, but that only made things worse. I came home drunk.

Naoyuki: Tomoya? *Waits a little while* Tomoya! Get out here now!

Tomoya: *Slowly comes out*

Naoyuki: Tomoya when I call you, I want you to respond immediatly.

Tomoya: *Quiet*

Naoyuki: Seems I didn't make myself clear. Alright time to teach you a lesson. *Closes door*

Naoyuki: I wish i could forget what happened after that. I tried to make it up to you by taking you to the fields I took you 2 years before. I quit drinking a while and tried to come as early as possible. Till I lost my job 5 years later. I gambled, drank, went into debt, and took it all out on you. Of course you grew to hate me. I even ruined basketball for you. I tried to be more kind to you after that but that seemed to make you even more mad.

Tomoya: Yeah. I hated that. It was like you were treating me like a complete stranger. Listen I know how hard losing someone you love is. And I know how terrible it is to neglect your own child is. But I want to make things better now for Ushio and me. Listen dad, in all this time have you ever thought about re-marrying?

Naoyuki: .......No. Not then. To me there was only one person who I wanted to live with, and she was no longer there. Now, that I look back, I realize that was a mistake. You needed a mother, and I needed the stability. Why Tomoya?

Tomoya: Well because I'm starting to realize that maybe Ushio needs a mom. I don't think I could marry or find someone I love right now but I have to do something before Ushio starts to resent me.

Naoyuki: I see. Learning from my mistakes? I should've re-married. Then maybe I wouldn't have been so hard on you or myself.

Tomoya: Maybe.

Naoyuki: You know what I wish? I wish I could have known your wife better. She was such a lovely, kind, young lady. I only met her twice and in those times it was behind glass.

Tomya: Yeah. I wish you knew her better too.

We sat there for a while before I left. I hope one day I'll be able to forgive him.

To Kyou

Reiji: Oh? um, ok? Did I do something wrong?

Kyou: No you haven't, but I just need to take care of some things.

Reiji: Oh, ok. Well I'm really sorry it didn't work out. I really am.

Kyou: I know, me too.

Reiji: Well if you need anything, call anytime ok.

Kyou: OK. Thank you Reiji and I'm sorry. *Walks home*

Well now that's taken care off. I'm glad he took it well, I knew he would, hes that kind of guy after all. Just a few more things to take care of.

Kyou: *opens door and walks in* I'm home,

Ryou: Ah, Onee-chan. Welcome home.

Ryou still isn't acting like she used to. She tries to act like there isn't something on her mind, but I've known her since before she was born.

Kyou: What are we having tonight?

Ryou: I'm Sorry, onee-chan, but I don't have time to make anything. I'm supposed to be leaving in a few. I put out some pork cutlets for you, though.

Kyou: Thank you. I'll be fine. I'll leave something for you as well.

Ryou: I'm sorry but it might be an all nighter. I'll have to eat there.

Kyou: Oh. I see. Well it can't be helped then.

Door bell rings.

Kyou: I'll get it. *Gets up and opens the door* Tomoya!

Tomoya: Yo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ugh finally im done. this chapter ended sooner than i thought it would (surprisingly im not being sarcastic) but i figured id have what i originally had plan carry into the next chapter and go from there. was listening to "Check my Soul" by azusa. in case you dont know its the first opening to the second season to "Amagami SS"

writing for a character you basically have no clue about is pretty hard as was the case with atsuko. i remembered i was almost done with the high school back flash part when i realized "Wait. Atsuko had a bag, so why didnt she just put those papers in her bag?" and realized that maybe this would be a good chance to show a little playful side of atsuko. btw the names for tomoya parents are not made up. except for atsuko's maiden name.
mitchhamiltonAug 11, 2013 12:52 PM
Aug 11, 2013 3:01 PM

Offline
Nov 2012
135
9 years ago.

Kyou: Hey, you said you don't have a girl you're dating now, right? If there was a girl who loved you so much that she couldn't control herself, would you date her?

Tomoya: What's this, all of a sudden?

Kyou: Just Answer.

Tomoya: Even if I did, I'm a delinquent bum. The girl would probably get tired of me soon enough.

Kyou: Delinquents can be well-liked in some cases. Especially by girls with good grades.

present day

I remember having that conversation with Kyou on that bus bench back in high school. I didn't really think much about it at the time but now.... I wonder who she was referring too? I also remember around that time, she would constantly try to get me and Fujibayashi-chan to spend time together. Maybe she was referring to Ryou-chan, but if she was, she sure seemed sad about it.



Chapter 14:
Coming Clean



Maybe I should've sent Kyou a message before coming over. She might not be home today. Dammit! I've barely spent anytime with Ushio in the last 3 days. I picked her up from school today and apologized for leaving suddenly and for leaving her with Sanae-san and Akio again. Hopefully I wont be gone for more than a few hours.

To Kyou

Door bell rings.

Kyou: I'll get it. *Gets up and opens the door* Tomoya!

Tomoya: Yo.

Kyou: W-what are you doing here?

Tomoya: Well... um... can I come in?

Kyou: Why?

Tomoya: *Surprised by her response*

Kyou:....Sure *Moves out of the way*

He started to take off his shoes and then headed inside.

Tomoya: Wheres Ryou-chan?

Kyou: What do you want Tomoya?

Tomoya: .....Well I guess there's no point in dragging this out. I've been thinking about some things, since we last talked. About how I feel about you, how you might feel about me, why I asked you out, and why you rejected me. You said it wasn't because you were dating Reiji, so why?

Kyou: What does it matter? Just forget about it.

Tomoya: Why? You're obviously not telling me something. If you just wasn't interested in me why didn't you just say that. Or lie about being happy with Reiji. You should've known I would've backed off if you told me that.

Kyou:...

Tomoya: "If there was a girl who loved you so much that she couldn't control herself, would you date her?"

Kyou: Eh?

Tomoya: That's what you said 9 years ago. Why did you ask me that? Were you asking for Ryou or yourself?

Kyou: Why? Why do you care now?! 9 years is a little late to be bringing this up now, Tomoya! What difference does it make? Are you just slow? Have you just realized my feelings for you?

Tomoya: Kyou?

Kyou: It doesn't matter anymore. 9 years and everything changes.

Tomoya:..Kyou. How do you feel about me?

Kyou: You're so thick, Tomoya. Why? Why is it so important now?

Tomoya: I just wanna know. Then maybe I can give up.

Kyou: I thought I could give up. After you were going out with Nagisa, I thought I could give up. After you got married, I thought I could give up.

I started to move angrily towards Tomoya. Because of this, he started to back up till his back was against the door.

Kyou: After I saw she was pregnant, I thought I could give up. Then after she died.... You wanna know how I feel Tomoya? You really wanna know how I feel Tomoya? I... I.... *Starts crying* I feel relieved that Nagisa is gone.

Tomoya: Eh?

Kyou: Now that shes gone, I can try to have a relationship with you, so I thought, but....

Tomoya:......

Kyou: ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!? THERE'S YOUR ANSWER! *opens door* NOW GET TOMOYA! *pushes him out* GET OUT OF HERE! *Picks up and throws his shoes at him* AND DON'T COME BACK. *Slams the door shut. Then placea her head on the door and cries.*

Ryou: *Walks slowly up to Kyou and hugs her*

To Tomoya

I don't know what just happened. I feel like what happened wasn't real. She couldn't have meant that. But if she did... I don't know how I feel now. Angry? Shocked? She said she was relieved Nagisa is dead.

Tomoya: *Clenches fist*

I can't think right now. Every time I replay those words, I get angrier. I have to leave, before I do something stupid.

To Kyou

Ryou: *Still holding Kyou* I'm sorry onee-chan. I wish I could stay longer but I have to go.

Kyou: *Looks up at Ryou with red eyes* It's ok. I understand. *Lets go*

Ryou: *Stands up* I'm sorry for hearing everything onee-chan.

Kyou: It's fine. I knew you were in the apartment and I still said all those things. I'm sorry you had to hear all that.

Ryou: Well I have to go now. *Opens door and walks out then turns* I probably wont be back till early morning.

Kyou: Yeah ok...... Hey Ryou?

Ryou: Hmm?

Kyou:...Nothing. Be safe.

Ryou: Ok. See you later. *Closes door*

......I probably wont be here when you get back. I'm sorry.

To Tomoya

I went straight to pick up Ushio. Figured I'd calm down once I see her. I can't stop thinking about what Kyou said and if she actually meant it or not. If she did, why?

Tomoya: *Enters Furukawa Bakery*

Sanae: Ah! Tomoya-kun, good afternoon. Are you here to pick up Ushio-chan?

Tomoya: Yeah. Sorry to drop her off and pick her up so suddenly.

Sanae: No, it's fine. You obviously have many things to take care of.

Tomoya: Yeah.

Silence

Sanae: Is something wrong, Tomoya-kun?

Tomoya:...No. Don't worry.

Ushio comes out from the back.

Ushio: Papa! *Runs up to her father* Where did you go?

Tomoya: Sorry but papa just wanted to check on something. Are you ready to go?

Akio: *Comes out crying* She beat me at old maid. Twice.

Ushio: Papa, can we stay a little longer?

Tomoya: Sorry, but we should be going. I've already troubled Sanae-san and Akio too much.

Sanae: Don't be silly, Tomoya-kun.

Akio: Yeah. Ushio is always welcome here.

Tomoya:....What about me?

Akio: Tch! I guess if you want to visit with her, you can.

Tomoya: *Glare* Well anyways, *Looks at Sanae* I really don't want to take up any more of your time.

Sanae: If you say so. But please do not think either of you are a burden.

Tomoya: Thank you. Well then *Bows and walks out*

Ushio told me of her time with the Furukawa's while we walked home. I drifted in and out of the conversation, still thinking about what Kyou said. We went home and I prepared dinner, then after we took a bath...

Door bell rings

Tomoya: Hai! *Opens door*

When I opened the door, for a second i thought it was Kyou.

Tomoya: K...Fujibayashi-san?

Ryou: Hello Okazaki-kun.

Tomoya: Hi. Come in.

Ryou: Oh Thanks, but I wont stay long. I was gonna head home in a bit and since you're place was along the way, I decided to drop by.

Tomoya: I see. Off work?

Ryou: More like a break. Things slowed down at the hospital and since they said I might be there till morning, I might as well take a few hours break before then, since things have slowed down.

Tomoya: I see. It's good seeing you again.

Ryou: I'm sorry.

Tomoya: Hmm?

Ryou: I was there. I heard everything..... between you and onee-chan.

Tomoya:....

Ryou: I was shocked as well, when she told me that.

Tomoya: Please don't remind me.

Ryou: But you have to know Tomoya, she didn't mean it. Kyou-chan has just been confused about everything for the longest time. I probably shouldn't be saying this but she loves you Tomoya.

Tomoya: *sigh*

Ryou: More than you know. And she also loved Nagisa. Which is why she's confused about all this.

Tomoya: Ryou. I don't really want to discuss this right now.

Ryou: But..

Tomoya: Please.

Ryou:....ok. But please Tomoya, don't hate her for this. When you can, can you talk to her again?

Tomoya: I'll think about it. Thanks for coming by. *Closes door*

Several minutes later, it was almost time for Ushio to go to bed when...

*Phone rings*

Tomoya: *Looks at phone; says "Fujibayashi"* Kyou? *Hesitates then picks it up* Hello?

Ryou: Okazaki-kun! Kyou is gone!

Tomoya: What?

Ryou: I came home and all her clothes are gone and I can't reach her cell. She left a note.

Tomoya: What does the note say?

Ryou: It says, "Ryou, I am sorry. I can't stay in this town any longer. I feel like these feelings wont go away if i stay. I left some money on the dresser for this months and next months rent. If I can, I promise I'll send more money. Take care. I'm sorry."

Tomoya:....

Ryou: I'm gonna go look for her!

Tomoya: Wait!

Ryou: Eh?

Tomoya...I'll help you.
mitchhamiltonSep 14, 2013 6:04 AM
Sep 17, 2013 9:52 PM

Offline
Nov 2012
135
To Tomoya

Tomoya: *On the phone with Ryou* Where do you think she could've gone?

Ryou: I Don't Know. I don't even know where she's going.

Tomoya: Damn! *Putting on shoes and coat* I'll start looking for her. You head towards the train station and see if shes there, you're closer.

Ryou: Hai.

Tomoya: *Hangs up then looks towards Ushio*

Ushio: Papa?

Tomoya: Sorry Ushio, but looks like you're gonna have to stay with grandma and grandpa again.



Final Chapter
Kyou: After Story



I hate myself. I wish I could take back what I said, but I can't. I've ruined everything, all because of my selfishness. This town is too small to avoid him. Heck I even ended up being Ushio's teacher. Ushio. When I first saw her beautiful smile...

Ryou: Onee-chan.

Kyou: *Looks over* Ryou?

To Tomoya

Tomoya: Sorry for leaving her like this again, and on short notice.

Sanae: It's fine. I'm sure you have a lot going on.

Akio: We have a room all set up for her so it wont be a problem.

Tomoya: Thank you, and sorry.

Akio: If you're so sorry than stop doing this.

Sanae: Good luck, Tomoya-kun.

Tomoya: Thank you. *Bows then looks at Ushio* Ushio I promise We'll spend all of tomorrow together.

Ushio: You promise?

Tomoya: Yeah, I Promise.

Ushio: Okay!

Tomoya: Well then, I'm off *Starts running down the street*

Akio: OI! BRING BACK SOME JAM!

Tomoya: GET IT YOURSELF OLD MAN.

Runs for several minutes.

......Mom. I barely remember you, yet I've always felt like something was missing for most of my life and I know why. You where a big part of dad's and my life even if I don't remember it much. Then you were just gone. It took a long, long time for us to recover.

To Kyou

Kyou: What are you doing here? Don't you have work?

Ryou: They thought it would be best if I took a little break before the all nighter.

Kyou: Oh.

Ryou: Why? Why are you leaving Kyou?

Kyou: I've been thinking about for a while. I figured it'd be nice to get a change of scenery.

Ryou:....Liar.

Kyou: Huh?

To Tomoya

Running down the street.

Kotomi. We used to play together all the time. You were a bit strange but gentle. I can't believe I forgot about you. One of my great childhood friends. I left you, all alone. After what happened to your parents, would I have made a difference in your happiness? Had I been stronger, I wonder what would have happened.

To Kyou

Kyou: What do you mean?

Ryou: That's not why you're running. That's not what you said in your letter.

Kyou:...

Ryou: So why?

Kyou: ....You heard what I said. How I feel. I can't stay after what I said to him. I can't keep dealing with these dark feelings anymore. It feels like it's slowly taking hold of me and I hate it. I don't want to feel like this. *Starts crying* Nagisa.

To Tomoya

Passing through the park.

Nagisa.

You were everything to me when I had nothing. I hated my life and everything about it. Everything was grey before I met you. You were shy but still tried your best. I can't even remember when I first feel in love with you. Did I always love you without realizing it or did it gradually grow over time? I don't know but it was the best time of my life.

Stops

Tomoya: *Panting*

Looks down an alleyway

That's right. Just a few blocks from here is where I proposed. You saw me at one of my low points. I wanted to destroy everything at that time, including myself and I would have if...

8 years ago

Nagisa: Tomoya-

Tomoya: *Punches wall*

Nagisa: *Shocked* What are you doing? *Grabs Tomoya's injured hand*

Tomoya: *Pulls away violently and tries to punch the wall again*

Nagisa: *Rushes to stop Tomoya* You can't

Present day

...you hadn't stopped me, and...

8 Years ago.

Nagisa: *Struggles to turn Tomoya around* Tomoya-kun! Tomoya-kun!

Tomoya: *Looks at Nagisa*

Present

...then you looked at me with those tear filled eyes and angry but sad look. It was as if you had punched the wall yourself. I hope I would never see you like that again but that look made me realize that I didn't have to handle everything on my own, and in that moment I knew you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. And I would have if...

Tomoya: *Clenches fist then continues running*

8 Years ago

Tomoya: Are you sure?

Nagisa: I've always been thinking that you're the only one.

Tomoya: I'm a guy like this. I'm really pathetic...

Nagisa: I am, too. But if we're together we can become strong.

Tomoya: *Tears well up then he hugs Nagisa* Will you always be with me?

Nagisa: Hai. *Embraces Tomoya* I will always be with you. No matter when. No matter how long.

To Kyou

Ryou: That's not true Kyou and you know it. Why do you think you feel this way?

Kyou: What else can it be? Ever since I first saw Tomoya after what happened to Nagisa I felt like I was relieved that she wasn't there.

Ryou: Kyou, do you hate Nagisa?

Kyou: Of course not! But I feel like I'm betraying her by having these feelings for Tomoya and I don't know...

Ryou: ...Then isn't that fine?

Kyou: *Confused*

To Tomoya

Tomoya: Dammit! She's not here either. *Turns around and heads for the Fujibayashi's apartment*

Ushio. For five years I acted as if you didn't exist to ease my pain while not caring about yours. It didn't help that you looked exactly like Nagisa. And there was a dark part of me that blamed you for her death.

Tomoya:*Shakes head*

But ever since that day, when i held you for the first time since you were born and you cried, I've had a new meaning in my life, to see you smile.

Tomoya:*stops and looks at phone* That's strange. Fujibayashi-san should have made it to the train station by now. So why hasn't she called me?

I bet it's because she found her.

Tomoya:*Heads for train station*

To Kyou

Kyou: What do you mean?

Ryou: Nagisa would've never wanted Tomoya to feel as lonely as he did after she died. I'm sure she'd be happy knowing there was someone out there who could love him just as much as she did. I'm sure she'd be more happy knowing it was you; one of her best friends, and because I'm sure she cared for you too.

Kyou:.......Ryou.... *Hears footsteps*

To Tomoya

Tomoya:Arrives at station and sees Kyou and Ryou, while panting heavily*

Kyou. When I first met you, you were loud, annoying, and a bit arrogant, but as our school days went by we somehow became friends, even if we would've never admitted it. When you almost got hit by that truck, I was so scared. If I lost you too..... I can't even think about it.

Tomoya:*Starts walking towards Kyou*

And now this. Again I was about to lose you. But this time I'm not helpless like I was in the past. Mom, Kotomi, Nagisa, Ushio, I wont waste my time thinking how things should be different, because this time I'll make the difference.

Tomoya: *Hugs Kyou*

Kyou: *Shocked* Huh?! T-Tomoya? What are you-

Tomoya: Don't go! Please don't go!

Kyou: Eh?!

Tomoya: I don't know what you're going through, or if it has anything to do with me but please, stay. *Lets go*

Kyou: Tomoya? But-

Ryou: Onee-chan, think about what I said.

Kyou: *Nods* Tomoya? Right now I'm a little confused, right now I want to think on some things for a while.

Tomoya: Okay. If theres anything I can do...

Kyou: Actually there is something I would like to do.

A few days later

To Kyou

Ryou: Have you got everything, onee-chan?

Kyou: Yes. Well then, I'm off.

Ryou: Take care.

Kyou: *Head down stairs and enters a taxi with Tomoya and Ushio in it* Hello Tomoya, Ushio.

Tomoya: Yo

Ushio: Hello, Fujibayashi-sama

Tomoya: You're still calling her that?

Kyou: It's fine ain't it?

Tomoya: It makes it seem like you're more important than you actually are.

Kyou: Oh ho ho! Looks like you need a good pounding to make you remember where you stand in society. *Raises fist*

Ushio: *Giggles*

This feels very natural. It's as if I belong right here. I always feel a little guilty when I feel like this, like its someone elses happiness, and I know who's. Thats why I wanted to do this today.

The ride was 20 minutes long. I dressed up as nicely as I could and brought the best looking flowers I could find, same with Tomoya and Ushio. We make are way out of the cab and walk along the pathway. We passed several rows and turned right and passed even more of them until we reached hers.

Tomoya: Hello, Nagisa. *Puts down flowers, and light incense, then puts hands together, along with Ushio and Kyou. Then looks up.* I know its not your birthday but Kyou really wanted to see you.

Kyou: Hey. Sorry I don't visit you more often. Things just been kind of hectic.

Tomoya: Ushio, Don't you have something to show mama?

Kyou: Hai! *Pulls out a piece of paper* Look, Look! It's a picture of you! And *Reaches in her other pocket and pulls out a small rectangular box then opens it* look! Dango! *Puts in the piece of paper* I made them for you mama! *places them down on her gravestone*

Tomoya: Places hand on head. I'm sure mama is very proud.

Ushio: *Looks up and smiles*

After that they talked about various things. After a while...

Tomoya: Well Ushio, why don't we give Kyou some time with mama.

Ushio: Okay. *Grabs Tomoya's hand*

Kyou: Thank you.

After they were out of sight I wiped my eyes.

Kyou: *Chuckles* It isn't fair you know. How things ended up. If I knew things were gonna be like this I would have gotten the biggest snowplow in the city and drive you to the hospital. You should be here Nagisa. With Tomoya, Ushio, all of us. *Clenches fists and looks down while tears drop* Why? Why did this have to happen to you? To them? It isn't fair.

Wipes face

Kyou: Sorry. I guess it's been building up for a while. But I'm done. Nagisa? Did you know I always loved Tomoya? I doubt you did. I'm sure if you did you would have spoken to me or something, since you were always considerate. Did you also know for a while I really hated you? Well maybe hate is too strong of a word but, that time when i realized Tomoya loved you too, I cried. Harder than I ever cried before. I said and thought some mean things and I'm sorry. Now several years later I still have dark and hateful thoughts. Thoughts that I wish would just go away. But that's why I'm here today. Nagisa? I'm sorry *Bows* Standing here made me realize that these thoughts are not how I actually feel and I'm glad. But I do still love Tomoya. I came here today to get all that off my chest and to have your blessing. I will love Tomoya and Ushio with all my heart. Heck, I already do. So please don't worry about them Nagisa, *Raises head* I'll take good care of them. *Puts her flowers down and walks towards Tomoya and Ushio*

Tomoya: Yo. Did ya said what you wanted?

Kyou: Yes. I feel a lot better now.

Tomoya: That's good.

Kyou: Tomoya.

Tomoya: Hmm?

Kyou: I love you.

Tomoya: *Shocked* W-w-w-w-w-what?! What are you saying all of a sudden?

Kyou: It's not sudden. I've always loved you.

Tomoya: WHAT?! How can you say that so easily?

Kyou: It wasn't easy baka! My heart is pounding.

Tomoya: Well still its embarrassing to hear all of a sudden. *Feels a tug then looks down at Ushio* Hmm?

Ushio: Are we gonna say goodbye to mama?

Tomoya: Oh right. We better do that now. *Grabs Ushio's hand then goes and says goodbye to Nagisa*

We the took a cab back and stopped at Tomoya's house first.

Kyou: Well, thanks for everything today. I'll see you two later.

Tomoya: Yeah See ya.

Ushio: Bye-bye.

Tomoya: *Closes door then immediately opens it back up* Hey, Kyou?

Kyou: Hmm?

Tomoya: Um... well you don't have to or anything but, would you like to stay for dinner?

Kyou: Eh? Is it okay?

Tomoya: Sure it is. Right Ushio?

Ushio: Hai! *Raises fist into the air*

Kyou: *Giggles* Okay.

So I stayed until dinner was ready. Until then we all talked and played some cards. I helped with making dinner with everyone and we happily ate it all up. Ushio has a surprisingly big appetite. After dinner I stayed a little longer until it got late.

Kyou: *Whispering* Looks like shes fast asleep.

Tomoya: *Whispering* Yeah. Well it is getting pretty late for her.

Kyou: And for me. I should head home. *gets up*

Tomoya: Okay: *Gets up and both walk towards the door*

Kyou: Thank you Tomoya. I had a lot of fun today.

Tomoya: Me too. It's been a while since the place was this lively.

Kyou: Well I'm glad that Ushio-chan had fun as well. *Opens door* Wow its cold.

Tomoya: Let me walk you home.

Kyou: Eh? What about Ushio?

Tomoya: She'll be fine. Your place isn't that far.

Kyou: Are you sure.

Tomoya: Yes of course. She's fast asleep.

Kyou: Well okay. To tell you the truth *Exits* I'm a little nervous walking alone when its dark.

Tomoya: Really? *Puts on shoes and jacket and locks the door* I Never thought you'd be easily scared.

Kyou: I may be tough but even I get scared sometimes.

Tomoya: That's hard to imagine.

Kyou: I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or not.

We continued walking until we reached my apartment.

Kyou: Well thanks again, for everything.

Tomoya: Yeah. You too. *Turns and walks away*

Don't. Don't. Don't. Don't. Don't. Don't. Don't. Don't.

Kyou: Hey Tomoya?

Dammit.

Tomoya: *Turns around* Hmm?

Kyou: Umm.... well.. to thank you, do you wanna come inside for some tea?

Tomoya: S-sure. *Walks back to Kyou's Apartment*

Kyou: *opens door* Well, c-c-c-c-c-come on in.

Tomoya: W-w-w-w-hy do you sound nervous? It's making me nervous. *Steps inside*

Kyou: I can't help it, sorry. *takes off shoes and coat*

Tomoya: Sorry for the intrusion. *steps in and takes off shoes and coat* Wheres Ryou?

Kyou:Working. *prepares tea*

Tomoya: *Nervous laugh* I see. So it's just you and me? *Sits down at table*

Kyou: Yup. *Joins* You're not nervous are you?

Tomoya: A-about what?

Kyou: Well you know, it's the first time where it was just the two of us, in a while.

Tomoya: That's true. Seem like forever. Maybe we're just getting old.

Kyou: Speak for yourself.

Tomoya: *laughs*.........I'm glad

Kyou: Huh?

Tomoya: You really don't change, huh?

Kyou: I have. You're just too stupid to see it.

Tomoya: Oi, I'm being serious here.

Kyou: Sorry, sorry. But neither have you. It makes me happy. Sure you've grown up quite a bit since you have Ushio but it's still the same you.

Silence

Kyou: You know, for a long time I was scared.

Tomoya: Scared? Of what?

Kyou: Of you. During those five years, I was so worried that you had gone to a place where I couldn't reach you. I wanted to see you so badly but I was afraid that you would just push me away. So I'm glad *Puts her hand on Tomoya's* I'm glad.

Tomoya: Kyou.

Teapot starts whistling.

Kyou: Oh. One sec. *Gets up and continues preparing the tea*

Tomoya: *Gets up and walks towards the kitchen and hugs Kyou from behind*

Kyou: Eh?! W-w-w-what are you doing all of a sudden?

Tomoya: Kyou, remember when that truck......

He stopped talking but I knew what he was talking about so I nodded.

Tomoya: I was scared that I would lose you too. If I lost you too.... I just don't know what I would have done.

Kyou: Tomoya.

Tomoya: Kyou.

Kyou:.......I poured the tea in the cup and I'm still holding it in my hand..... it burns.

Tomoya: Ah. *lets go* Sorry. I didn't know.

Kyou: Geeze. *Hands cup* Pay more attention to your surroundings.

Tomoya: *Takes cup* Thanks. * Goes back to sit down*

Kyou: *Joins* Thanks for what you said. You know, I've always loved you.

Tomoya: Ugk! What did I say?! Quit saying things so suddenly! And if you always loved me, why haven't you told me sooner?

Kyou: *Raises fist while staring at Tomoya with cold, dead eyes* Oh. I could tell you the long, complicated, hurtful story, but after I do I'm afraid I would have to kill you in the slowest way possilbe.

Tomoya: H-hai.

Kyou: It's mostly your fault for not noticing.

Tomoya: How could I notice?

Kyou: Oh that's right. I forgot you're dense.

Tomoya: So its my fault? Well you just need to be more honest.

Kyou: What do you think I'm doing now? So whats your answer?

Tomoya: My answer?

Kyou: Don't tell me you already forgot? Geeze. Do I have to spell it out for you?

Tomoya: I know what you meant. You just caught me off guard.

Kyou: Well since you know, whats you answer?

Tomoya: Hold on let me think.

Kyou: Whats there to think about? A couple weeks ago you were asking me out.

Tomoya: Yeah for a date. Not a confession. Just shut up and let me think for a second.

Silence

Tomoya:................Fine.

Kyou: Eh?

Tomoya: Okay. Its fine.

Kyou:................................Huh?! What the heck kind of vague answer is that?

Tomoya: Well what else do you want me to say? I can't just decide everything on the spot like this.

Kyou: Geeze, you're indecisive. I feel sorry for Ushio. So what are you saying? Do you not love me as well?

Tomoya: Of course I do.

Kyou: *Surprised*

Tomoya: *surprised*

Kyou: What did you say?

Tomoya:............*blushes* I love you Kyou.

Kyou:....Tomoya *Grabs Tomoya's hand* I.... no. I've always loved you. *Moves closer and kisses Tomoya*

I started the first kiss. After 3 seconds, he started the second one.

Tomoya: *Moves away* Kyou, I have to go back home.

Kyou: Ok.

Tomoya: *Gets up and head to the door.* I'll see you later, Kyou.

Kyou: Yeah. See you later.

With a little reluctance, Tomoya closed the door. Then for the first time, I think ever, I squealed.

One Year Later.

Tomoya and I have been dating for a year. He got promoted and is bringing in more money to provide for him and Ushio, so he's now renting a house, with a little help from me of course. When he said he was gonna move to a bigger house he asked if I would like to move in as well. Since he's pretty much helpless, I agreed to it. Not everything was peaceful for us when we were moving. A young girl named Fuko Ibuki wanted to either move in with us or wanted Ushio to move in with her and her sister. Just how old is she? About two months ago, Ushio started calling me mama on her own. Tomoya and I had a long talk with her, telling her that its important to never forget the wonderful women who brought into this world. So long as she does that she can call me mama. Speaking of mama, Sanae and Akio had a healthy baby boy. They decided to name him Yu. After seeing Sanae with Yu, I can see she really was born to be a mother. Ryou got married just a month ago.

Kyou: *Walking with Tomoya hand in hand* Tomoya?

Tomoya: Hmm?

Kyou: Are you happy?

Tomoya: What? Why are asking?

Kyou: Just answer the question.

Tomoya: .... I am.

Kyou: Good. Me too.

Tomoya: you're weird.

Kyou:*Giggles*

Tomoya: In fact I only know one thing that could make me happier.

Kyou: Oh? And whats that?

Tomoya: *Stops* Kyou? Do you wanna get married?

Kyou:.....................................eh?

Tomoya: I mean we're living together and taking care of Ushio together so we might as well get married. What do you say?

Kyou: Hmmmmmmmm. No.

Tomoya: *Falls over and then get back up* Why not?!

Kyou: Geeze you really are dense. Couldn't you be a little sweeter when proposing? Honestly, I'm surprised you could get someone as sweet as Nagisa to marry you.

Tomoya: Oh shut up! I can be sweet when I want to.

Kyou: Ooooh? Then tell me, where did you propose to Nagisa?

Tomoya: .............................In an alley.

Kyou: *Tears up* And she accepted? Poor Nagisa. What kind of blackmail did you use against her?

Tomoya: *grabs chest and hunches over* I can't go on. *Stand straight up* So? What'll it take to get you to say yes?

Kyou: Well something more romantic than "so we might as well get married."

Tomoya: Ghg! Fine.

Kyou: You better take me to a nice restaurant too.

Tomoya: Hai, hai.

Kyou: Oh, and wear the nicest thing you own. No, forget that. Buy something nice and wear that.

Tomoya: Why are you so cruel to me?

Kyou: *Giggles* Haven't you figured it out yet?

Tomoya: Hmm?

Kyou: *Lets go of Tomoya's hand and runs ahead* It's because,




I love you, Tomoya!


End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

phew. finally i am done. might make some edits later but for now im taking a break..... again. anyway hope you enjoyed and i hope you share casue to be honest its kinda lonely on this forum and i would like some feed back. please? itll also make Kyou happy.
mitchhamiltonApr 2, 2014 6:59 PM
Feb 28, 2016 8:24 AM
Offline
Feb 2016
1
A really intriguing read. I really like how it started, went on and ended.! Nice work.! 😁
Mar 1, 2016 5:36 AM

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Ashwin_Marandi said:
A really intriguing read. I really like how it started, went on and ended.! Nice work.! 😁


awe thank you.
Jun 21, 2016 10:46 PM
Offline
Jul 2015
6
wow. I just finished the whole Clannad series and I have to say, as someone who thought Kyou and Tomoya would make a great couple, this really did that idea justice. Very well written. I thought you portrayed the characters really well, especially Kyou. I really enjoyed reading this all the way through, amazing job. The format also worked really well. You sir, are an author.
Jul 25, 2016 3:33 AM

Offline
Nov 2012
135
Muskieone said:
wow. I just finished the whole Clannad series and I have to say, as someone who thought Kyou and Tomoya would make a great couple, this really did that idea justice. Very well written. I thought you portrayed the characters really well, especially Kyou. I really enjoyed reading this all the way through, amazing job. The format also worked really well. You sir, are an author.


daah, thank you. 0///0


im re-reading it and there are a few minor flaws in terms of grammar and punctuation but overall, im very happy with it and even more so with such praise from a stranger. im glad you liked it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Kyou After

TomoyaOkazaki21 - Jan 24, 2011

0 by TomoyaOkazaki21 »»
Jan 24, 2011 2:40 AM

» Kyou After

TomoyaOkazaki21 - Jan 24, 2011

0 by TomoyaOkazaki21 »»
Jan 24, 2011 2:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.
Sign Up Login